Guys and Dolls

Come watch next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as the Drama department takes you back to the 1950s!

Photo provided by Kyle Cunningham

Photo provided by Kyle Cunningham

Kyle Cunningham, Staff Writer

East Lake High School has produced many fantastic shows, some of which I have been lucky enough to participate in. Each spring, the Musical Theatre students, along with a hefty portion of devoted and members and tech crews, give up two or three weeks in service of their dramatic creation. This year, the artistic outlet is called Guys and Dolls, and it is going to be good.

The decision by Director Brad Brady to do the show was met with unanimous praise. The classic ’50s musical starred Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando, and the theater department began working on the show immediately. Brady helped the class with idiosyncratic details that dictate the differences between New York City in the 1950s and Tarpon Springs in the 2010s to an audience. Before winter break, the show was cast and we were ready to go! “I can’t wait to bring this to life; we have all been so excited for the whole year,” said sophomore Daniel Cusimano, who was cast as Nathan Detroit in the musical. 

Over the past three months, everyone involved with the show has been perfecting the work. Senior JD Stauffer said “Let’s do this already; I can’t wait for an audience to see this!”, in anticipation of the show. I hope some of you will be part of the audience Stauffer speaks of and come see the show. This Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00 PM and Saturday afternoon at 2:00 PM, the show will go on at East Lake’s theater. Many students and a few teachers have relinquished countless hours and tons of work in the pursuit of making this show as good as possible. See you there Guys (and Dolls)!

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

• Guys and Dolls

Good morning, Feast Lake

• Guys and Dolls

Opinions

Philosophical web story by Michael Del Duca

Guys and Dolls