Senior grad feelings

Jenna Caputo, Staff Writer

Graduation is rapidly approaching and that means students all across the country are beginning to make some very serious decisions regarding their futures. Luckily though, to quote High School Musical: we’re all in this together.

Collectively every high school senior across the nation is making the same decision: what comes next? It’s very strange to think that at such a young age we’re expected to make choices that will affect the rest of our lives. These very important decisions will shape how we spend the rest of our days on earth. It all comes down to what happens after graduation. That is why I set out to see how various East Lake high school seniors feel about this very important date.

To this question, I received a plethora of different responses. Some were ecstatic to be moving on to the next chapter of their lives while others were fearful of what’s to come next. Here are a few responses from your East Lake High School class of 2017.

Aidan Burns’s response was rather intriguing and poses an interesting perspective. Burns said, “I can see the light at the end of the tunnel that’s quickly followed by another tunnel.” This is very true depending on the path you’ve decided to take. If college was your choice, this reigns true. Although college and high school are very different, they’re similar in the aspect of four years of continuing your education.

Russell St. George, who is attending the University of Florida, is excited for a change of scenery. Russell told the Talon that he looks forward to being in a new place and experiencing new things. St. George followed this statement by expressing how he’s not too fond of high school and that he can’t wait to get out.

Caroline Salvatore, on the other hand, had a different viewpoint. Salvatore says, “It’s a bittersweet feeling, but I’m excited to see all my friends succeeding at the next level”. Salvatore also told the Talon that she loved high school and all of the experiences she had. She says she wouldn’t trade her memories throughout high school, especially senior year, for anything.

Nikolas Thompson said that he’s especially going to miss “Wendy’s runs” with his friends. Every week Nikolas, Russell St. George, and Griffin Harris would go to Wendy’s and order baconater fries. Thompson said some of his fondest memories of senior year were made within Wendy’s.

Jennifer Lima also weighed in on the many things she’ll miss about high school, the main thing being her track team. Jennifer is committed to running at Florida State University. Although she’s excited to run at the collegiate level, Lima is going to miss high school track meets.

Whether you loved it or hated it, high school is coming to an end for the class of 2017. Regardless of how you choose to remember it, high school will always be a part of you. As us seniors graduate this May, we will always be brought together by one thing: East Lake High School. This place contains so many different memories for so many different people, and those memories will live on forever.

Senior grad feelings