Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: fully loaded with improvements

Many gamers find Black Ops 2 better than Modern Warfare.

Courtney Grigsby, Staff Writer

It’s finally here, Black Ops 2! Stock up on your energy drinks and Doritos.  To those non-gamers Call of Duty Black Ops 2 sounds like yet another typical warfare game that involves skilled shooting and maneuvering past obstacles and enemies.  Prior to the November 13, 2012 release date there was a lot of hype from die-hard fans of the game.  “I was so excited about this awesome new game that I went and picked it up at midnight and I’m playing it as soon as I get home,” said freshman Grant Johnson.  According to most teenage boys and gamers, this newest addition by Treyarch and activision is much better than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 because of all the updates that really improved the game. 

Black Ops 2 takes place in 2025 and it has futuristic weapons that would be considered prototypes because they are so technologically advanced that engineers have not been able to replicate them yet.  As you can imagine, playing such a fast paced game is hard enough already according to most gamers, and to make matters worse, Modern Warfare 3 had so much lag that it complicated trying to play halfway decent and it really annoyed people to the point where they began counting down the days until Black Ops 2 came out. 

As promised, Black Ops 2 was modified so there was no longer any inconvenient lag and there is now a pick 10 class system that allows more than three perks in expense for a weapon or attachment.  Perks are like having an extra ability and now that you can have more than three at a time, and the game will be much easier and more enjoyable for many people with the extra boost of help that improves your soldier’s overall abilities.

Another addition to the action packed new game is score streaks “My favorite part of Black Ops 2 is the score streaks instead of kill streaks so people go for the team objective instead of what’s best for the individual,” said Junior Jacob Grigsby.  Score streaks also prevent campers (people that hide somewhere waiting for other people to run by to attack) from doing well and therefore forces people to play the game the right way.  There are also no more death streaks, so players that continuously die, which involves no skill whatsoever, can no longer be rewarded for their failure. 

The much needed updates that were added in Black Ops 2 really made the game more enjoyable than Modern Warfare 3 had been.  So girls, it may be a wise idea to go out with some friends and see a movie like Breaking Dawn Part 2 or the new James Bond movie so the guys have their chance to test out this awesome new game they have been waiting months to play.