The Bachelorette finale

Season 13 did not go as planned for Bachelor Nation

Rachel+throwing+those+rose+petals+just+like+she+threw+away+Peter.+
Rachel throwing those rose petals just like she threw away Peter.

Photo provided by www.toofab.com

Photo provided by www.toofab.com

Jacklyn Duffek, Editor in Chief

As a slave to reality TV and all its addictive qualities, the finale of the Bachelorette is one of my favorite episodes of any show every year. In this season’s three hour live finale Inside the Roseroom, Chris Harrison sat down with Rachel Lindsay to discuss this season’s events. But we’ve seen enough of that, so let’s move along to the shocking decision made by Rachel on finale night-to marry Bryan.

Bryan is a great person, and he talks about how great he is all the time….we’ve heard it a lot. But America knows she loves Peter; Rachel even threated to marry Bryan if Peter didn’t propose! “If you won’t get down on one knee then fine, I’ll go marry Bryan.” She cried to Peter so hard her false eyelashes fell off and he still refused to get engaged after only knowing Rachel this summer, saying that when they have more time he would love to propose. The camera repeatedly zoomed in on Peter whispering “What’s wrong with me?” through a waterfall of tears.

Based on online fan websites, no one in Bachelor Nation (the fandom) cared about Erik this season, but having come in third place, he could potentially become the next bachelor for Bachelor Season 21. Usually third place becomes the next Bachelor, as the runner-up doesn’t trust this process again. Also, former Bachelor Ben Higgins and wife Lauren Bushnell divorced, so some fans are speculating if he’ll be the next Bachelor. Chris Soules also divorced from his wife Witney, but with currently being in prison for killing a Vietnam veteran on a tractor and fleeing the scene plus thirteen prior offenses, something tells me Chris doesn’t have time for rose ceremonies. Dean from Rachel’s season has not yet confirmed to being the Bachelor since joining the Season Four cast of Bachelor in Paradise. That does not eliminate his chances of being on both shows; we’ve seen Nick Viall go from two Bachelorette seasons, to BIP to the Bachelor.

#TeamPeter is trending on social media, as fans rally for the only sane and relatable male on the Bachelor since Juan Pablo turned the franchise into a cheesy semi-sitcom. Even if Ben doesn’t return as the Bachelor or Peter decides to let Bachelor Nation down, we have plenty of other men lined up. Such as Blake (former sex addict current aspiring drummer), Lucas (Whaboom), Johnathan (tickle monster), Chris (cupcake) or even Alex (former child; his actual job description said “former child”). Rachel, how did you pick Bryan over these clear cut winners?

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

• The Bachelorette finale

The Bachelorette finale