Game of Thrones takes the billboards by storm!

Ian Woodward, Staff Writer

Set in Westeros, a mythological land based during the Renaissance era of history, Game of Thrones is a series of books turned critically acclaimed television series. The series is action packed and filled with enough drama to keep you on the edge of your seat through the entirety of the show.

I am an avid Game of Thrones fan and watch all of the new episodes as they premiere on HBO every Sunday at 9pm. However, I was not always such a huge fan of the series. A few months ago I was the only one in my family who had never seen the series before, but that all changed once my parents finally let me lay my hands on the new HBO password; it was as if a whole new world had been unlocked just for me with movies and TV shows I had never seen before. It was at this point in time when I gathered enough courage to start the 60 hour long journey to catch myself up in time for the season 7 premiere. With star characters such as Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) and Daenerys Targareon (Emilia Clarke), the time flew by as I watched plots develop and leave me lost for words. As I completed each season, I couldn’t wait to get into the next. Closing out of season 7 now, this show still seems to keep me amazed and hooked. Despite the fact the Game of Thrones totals up to about 70 hours of screen time, it is still worth the wait as you follow the Starks, the Lannisters, and many mores quest for the throne in the rightful ruling of Westeros. One of my favorite all-time episodes (SPOILER ALERT) occurs in season 7 after the long awaited reunion of Sansa and Jon Snow. The episode is action-packed, including the battle of the bastards in which Jon Snow takes back Winterfell from Ramsey Bolton. This is just one example of the countless clips from the seven seasons that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the entirety of the episode. Filled with lies, cliff hangers, danger, and action, Game of Thrones continues to dominate the charts.

If you are in need of a show or new lifestyle, just hop on the Game of Thrones bandwagon because it is never too late to get caught up in the battle for the throne to the kingdoms of Westeros.

• Game of Thrones takes the billboards by storm!