Trailer heaven

The past weekend came out with some great trailers, so check it out to see what it is.

The Justice League trailer was the most exciting of the new sneak peeks.

Jacob Prail, Staff Writer

This weekend has given us some great movie trailers. Two really stood out over the weekend, Justice League and Pacific Rim Uprising, with Last Jedi coming out today on Monday Night Football.  Let’s review each of these trailers and see how they stack up.

Thor Ragnorak came out with a short teaser for TV, but it was full of scenes that the public have already seen. So we will only look at Pacific Rim Uprising and Justice League. The reason these trailers are dropping are because of New York City Comic Con. Eventually we will get either another Thor or possibly Black Panther or Ant-Man or even Infinity War because usually Marvel will try to overshadow DC trailers. Now that is out of the way, let’s look at both trailers and what made fans go crazy.

The first trailer we will look at is Justice League. For those who do not know who is in the Justice League, here’s a basic overview. In the comics, The Justice League is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. But in the DCEU version, there is Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg, there are confirmations of Green Lanterns in the DCEU and no sign yet of Martian Manhunter. Also another major plot is that Superman is currently dead because of Doomsday in Batman V Superman. The trailer opens up with Clark Kent taking to Lois Lane where she is wearing a wedding ring, but the shot changes to the ring on her finger during the funeral and then to another quick shot to her waking up. There’s a voice over saying, “Crime and terrorism have risen since the death of Superman,” or something along those lines. Then there are two quick second shots of a school blowing up and students held hostage with Ben Affleck’s voiceover as Bruce Wayne. Wayne says he had a dream that he saw the end of the world. To which we see Steppenwolf, our main antagonist, power, he turned a man to ashes. Then we see Diane whisper “the invasion,” meaning she knows of this entity. Afterwards, the music hits and we see awesome shots of Batman and the Batcopter, shots of Aquaman underwater, Wonder Woman on a lady which I am guessing is the lady of justice, shots of Cyborg and Flash.  After those we get our glimpse at the AWESOME Batmobile just demolishing stuff. But then we see Aquaman get ran into a wall of Atlantis, Wonder Woman having to fall because of Steppenwolf to a voiceover of “divided we are not enough.” Transitions to action shots. Ends with a little comic relief with Flash being in awe of Batman’s bat signal. Another major thing is the color of the sky, which is red; in the comics the red sky signals the apocalypse for the hero or a major battle so that is what director Zack Synder and Joss Whedon try to do.

Now let’s look at the trailer for Pacific Rim Uprising . For those who don’t know the franchise, in 2013 Pacific Rim, which introduced us to the Kaiju and the Jagers, where in order to pilot a Jager, you and another must go through a certain bond of the mind. The sequel is set up 10 years after the war, but then the Kaiju come back, but I believe that is not the whole movie. The trailer opens up with a slow motion shot of an exploding base it seems, which could possibly be a flashback. John Boyega plays Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, the general of the squadron last year. But I believe the conflict will be between the Jager machines because people will use the Jager for wrong instead of right due to the long gap between Kaiju attacks. The trailer is really just a chance to the meet the new generation of pilots and the new Jagers except for a new and improved Gypsy. This movie is a lot brighter than the 2013 one based on a setting and color stand point. For those who were fans of the movie, I hope to see cameos from the old cast.

Both trailers were great in their own rights but I have to give it to Justice League for having the better trailer in terms of improving plot lines, but even still as a fan of Pacific Rim this trailer did it justice but the final ruling is Justice League.

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

• Trailer heaven

Trailer heaven