Cruising to the Florida Georgia Line concert

My favorite country duo!

My sister and I taking the typical concert selfie just before Florida Georgia Line took the stage.

Photo provided by Tori Valby

Photo provided by Tori Valby

Tori Valby, Staff Writer

“Baby you a song… you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise …..!” Florida Georgia Line really knows how to deliver an unforgettable performance! Never once did I sit down, feel tired or bored. October 13th was an amazing night and being that I have been to my fair share of concerts, saying that it is the best one yet truly says something.

“Smooth……” is the perfect word to describe not only their new song, but also the voices of this fantastic group. Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley have been singing together since 2010 but their voices are so perfectly harmonious, it is hard to believe they haven’t been an iconic duo since they could first speak. They signed a record deal in 2012 and from then on, have been climbing the ladder of success of the country music world.

The Mid-Florida Amphitheater has housed many artists including Chris Lane, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, etc. but I have to say that the experience of seeing Florida Georgia Line live was one that stood above the rest. It is hard to find singers that sound “exactly” the same as they do on the radio as you blast it in your car, but may I say, I have found them. Each and every word, pitch, holding note- all the same. It was amazing! They are such talented individuals and it was clear that I was not the only one in the crowd who thought so.

There was never a moment of silence throughout the show. Regardless of the song, the crowd seemed to know every word. The famous Cruise, H.O.L.Y and This Is How We Roll were performed perfectly. There were a few new songs that I did not know, but they were so catchy that I didn’t mind. Some of these newbies were Meant to Be and Let Me Go. As soon as I got home, I downloaded the new songs and learned them by the next day. The previous concert I attended, the Zac Brown Band, included many songs that were not very popular with the crowd, but not one came up with Florida Georgia Line.

If I were to ever see another concert for a second time, it would no doubt be Florida Georgia Line. I cruised out of the parking lot with the songs I had just spent two hours listening to blasting out of the open windows. 10/10 to those singers; they certainly deserve all the recognition they get.

• Cruising to the Florida Georgia Line concert