Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

January marks the return of the beloved reality TV show The Bachelor

GMA+announced+ABC%E2%80%99s+decision+to+cast+Arie+as+The+Bachelor+and+many+fans+questioned+this+decision.+
GMA announced ABC’s decision to cast Arie as The Bachelor and many fans questioned this decision.

Samantha Roghaar, Advertising Manager

If you spent your summer obsessing over Bachelor in Paradise, then these past few fall months might have been a bit of a lull because there haven’t been any Bachelor franchise TV shows on! However, there has been recent news from ABC regarding the lead for their upcoming season of The Bachelor. If you have been out of touch with reality TV, The Bachelor is a dating show where one man begins his journey for love (or publicity) with thirty women. He then proceeds to date many women at the same time, eliminating girls each week, until he is left proposing to one lucky drama queen on the season finale. ABC tends to use fan favorites from the previous season to cast their leads on The Bachelor and female version The Bachelorette.

The new season of The Bachelor airs January 1st and the star of the show will be Arie Luyendyk Jr. Senior and The Bachelor lover Kyle Cunningham said, “I hate him and I’m not going to watch.” As a reality TV junkie and avid watcher of The Bachelor, I was genuinely shocked to hear Arie’s name again. It felt like I hadn’t heard his name in over a decade and I desperately tried to remember who he even was. After a quick Google search, I found that he appeared on The Bachelorette over six years ago. He was known as the passionate race car driver who finished runner up on Emily’s season of The Bachelorette. Now Arie is 36 and a successful real estate agent. Kyle suggested they make the beloved host Chris Harrison The Bachelor instead of Arie and senior Jacklyn Duffek said, “That’s something I’d definitely want to watch.”

It’s unusual for ABC to pick a new lead from many seasons back when they had fresh faces to choose from like Dean, Eric, or Peter, whom America fell in love with most recently. Inside sources report that these three men most likely chose not to take on the role because they would have been chosen before a past contestant like Arie. But whether you love Arie or have no clue who he is, this upcoming season is guaranteed to be filled with tears, drama, and maybe just a little love.

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

• Are you ready for Janu-Arie?

Are you ready for Janu-Arie?