The Infinity War trailer

Ready for Marvel’s biggest movie yet?

Avengers: Infinity War comes out May 2018.

Jacob Prail, Staff Writer

Ten years. Ten years of movie of creating this mass being known as the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The crowd has been waiting patiently for this trailer to drop since news from D-23 expo and Comicon that the crowds saw footage of Infinity War in those showings. But now, we have an official first glimpse of the biggest marvel movie to date, Avengers: Infinity War.

The first trailer dropped this past Wednesday morning. The Infinity War storyline is one of the biggest in comic book history, better known as the Infinity Gaunlet. The main villain is Thanos (Josh Brolin), a huge space being with a quest to claim things known as infinity stones. There are six stones: Mind, Power, Soul, Reality, Space and Time. Space is known as the Tesseract that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has stolen from Asgard before the total destruction due to Ragnarok. The Power stone is in the possession of the Nova Corps. The Time stone is in possession of Dr. Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Reality stone is with the Collector (Benicio del Toro), and Mind stone is in Vision’s forehead ( Paul Bettany).and the only one not found is the Soul stone which is in Wakanda (this is a prediction.) In the trailer, Thanos has acquired the Space stone, but as he is putting the stone in his gauntlet, you can catch a couple seconds of the Power stone next to the Space stone. This can be seen where Thanos punches Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), which debuts a new mark XLVIII (48) suit as he is crashing into the ground. The Power stone being in possession of the Nova Corp probably means the Nova Corp has been destroyed or damaged greatly.

Another major storyline they are also doing is the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)  and Vision storyline where they both fall in love. Vision is seen in the trailer in two different forms, his human form, which is new, and his original form. There’s just one problem with Vision: HE HAS AN INFINITY STONE IN HIS HEAD. This means we can probably say good bye to Vision at some point in the movie, but Vision’s death can cause Scarlet Witch to lose her emotions and this causes her to wield new powers, stronger than anyone has seen. In the comics, when Vision dies, she loses it and ends bending time and space. This may happen after Dr. Strange loses his Time stone.

Here are the little details that people might have missed. Captain America (Chris Evans) is shown catching a spear from Proxima Midnight. Cap is sporting an all black look and a new beard because he is still rogue from the world. T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) is caught saying “get this man a shield,” which leads to a group scene and it is seen that Cap is sporting Wakandian technology in the form of wrist shields. Black Widow (Scarlett Johannson) is also sporting a new look, a blonde one which is different than her red hair that she has had in all her appearances. This is also due to the fact she is also on the run with Captain America. Peter Parker (Tom Holland) is seen with spidey-sense which is arm hairs raising in the air. There’s a giant ring in the sky constructed by Thanos but viewers don’t know what its purpose is yet. We see Peter wearing the Iron Spider armor given to him by Tony Stark. At the end of the trailer, we can see Thor meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy. We also see Thanos pummel Spider-Man into the ground and throwing a massive right hook to Tony Stark. If you pause it at the right time, you can see debris of Tony’s suit get ripped off.

The voice overs were a combination of sorts. The trailer opens up with Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) who has been dead since the events of Captain America: Winter Soldier. He starts off with “There was an idea…” next is Tony Stark continuing with “to bring together a remarkable group of people…” after him is Vision saying “… to see if we can become something more…” next is Thor “… So when they needed us, we can fight the battles…” finally it’s Black Widow finishing off with “… that they never could.” This is an allusion to Nick Fury’s speech after Phil Coulson’s death to Stark and Cap about the Avengers Initiative. After that, a Marvel studios plug that always is at the beginning of an Marvel movie plays, which is the original Avengers theme from 2012 just slowed down a bit. Then we heard Thanos’s voice for the first time saying “now you will know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you are right, yet to fail all the same. Dread it, run from it. Destiny still arrives.” After that Thanos pops through a space portal, giving us our first glimpse at the big bad villain. He also claims “Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe. But this (Infinity stones in gauntlet)  does put a smile on my face.” At the end we get the logo with the full blown Avengers theme playing in the background.

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

• The Infinity War trailer

The Infinity War trailer