The art of a good movie

Quentin Tarantino is a genius.

Pulp Fiction: One of the greats in movie history.

Troy Dyer, Staff Writer

If you never have seen a Tarantino movie, then get off this article and go watch one. Here are some suggestions: Kill Bill 1&2, Pulp Fiction, and Django. These are some of his most popular works in the history of his films. Now Tarantino is a dialogue genius, the way he can make the characters talk about literally anything and still be one of the most insightful and intelligent conversations you will ever hear. Take Pulp Fiction for example, Samuel L. Jackson, talks about a cheeseburger during one scene– “The hamburger, the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast!”– a great line, one only to open a long monologue that is one of the most memorable moments in movie history.

The way Tarantino sets his movies and scenes up come with subtlety, expressionism, symbolism, and a rule breaking way of shooting movies. He usually shoots opening scenes that are the chronological end of the movie, making you put all the pieces together as the movie leads up to that specific point. Now obviously his movies are not for everyone-one that is shy of violence and language should probably not watch these movies-but in the end, they are just movies and are made to entertain. Tarantino’s films are more an art form, becoming cult classics one by one.

For me, his movies are my favorite because they are so outrageous, they have such deep meanings, references, and ways of approaching certain topics. He lays out scenes with such meaning, as displayed in Reservoir Dogs, setting such deep suspense in one iconic scene of the main character literally just walking out to a car to get something out of the trunk, another in Inglorious Bas*erds, where the undercover agent holds up an American 3 at a bar with a German officer right across from him, instead of holding up the German 3, leading to him being found out and killed. This is such an easy thing to miss to the average viewer but then later revealed to the audience. Such use of deep and interesting dialogue, immaculate scene settings, and just the awe of his universes he can create is what makes Tarantino one of the best directors to date.

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

• The art of a good movie

The art of a good movie