Logic releases new mixtape

The rapper released his new mix tape Bobby Tarantino II

Logic uses similar art cover style for the sequel to his 2016 mixtape Bobby Tarantino.

Photo provided by newhiphopnews.com

Cole Mansfield, Staff Writer

After releasing three singles in the past few weeks, it was only a matter of time before Logic announced and released a new mixtape. Logic released the first Bobby Tarantino in 2016 after his album The Incredible True Story, so many were expecting another mixtape soon as it’s been almost a year since the release of his most recent album, Everybody, last May. Then a few weeks ago Logic released the single 44 More, clearly referencing the popular song 44 Bars from his last mixtape. The release of this single closely followed by two more, Overnight and Everyday, all but confirmed that Bobby Tarantino II was coming. However, the way that Logic announced project was less predictable. The rapper released a video of Rick and Morty from the popular television show Rick & Morty trying to decide what to listen to in the spaceship and then getting into an argument about Logic. The pair discusses how “mixtape Logic” and “album Logic” are different and Rick only wants to listen to “mixtape Logic.”  This was a clever way to announce the project and accurate as his mixtapes and albums often take on very different tones. On his albums, Logic often tells a story and conveys a message, while in his mixtapes focuses more on just rapping for fun. Bobby Tarantino II has a 13 song track list and includes features from Big Sean, Marshmello, Wiz Khalifa, 2 Chainz, and Young Sinatra. Logic stays true to his formula as the mixtape is more focused on just rapping as seen in tracks like 44 More, Yuck and Contra. This project is great for the fans of Logic’s other mixtapes and will tide over Logic fans until the release of his next album.

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

• Logic releases new mixtape

Logic releases new mixtape