Fortnite comet

The end of Tilted Towers?

Photo provided by kotaku.com

Photo provided by kotaku.com

Cole Mansfield, Staff Writer

If you’ve looked up at the sky in Fortnite lately, you may have noticed something a little out of the ordinary. A strange glowing object has appeared in the sky and many people think it’s a comet. The comet can most easily be seen by going to Loot Lake and looking towards the coordinate 60. It is clear that Epic wants players to notice the comet as with each passing update it has been closer, they have put telescopes around the map pointing to it, and it has even caused many console players’ controllers to randomly vibrate. Many have speculated that this Easter egg is Epic giving a clue about the future of the map.

There are multiple theories about the comet including a new map on another planet, but by far the most popular and most probable theory is that this comet is headed right for Tilted Towers to erase it from the map.  Tilted Towers has become a problem for Epic Games because there is simply too much loot. Since the map update when Tilted Towers was added, the game has completely changed. Every game at least a third of the server drops Tilted Towers and it’s automatically a complete warzone, and whoever actually makes it out of Tilted Towers alive already has a huge advantage over everyone else in the game with the best loot and a much better chance to win. By the time the first storm comes, more than half of the players are already dead. Although some players like the intensity of the drop location, the excessive loot and players at Tilted makes it almost a necessity to drop there if you want to have a high kill game. “Fortnite when it first came out was a widespread game that was pretty random in the places people dropped with some dependency on the bus path. Now that has changed from random to Tilted Towers. The game’s equivalent of running through TSA with a sign saying ‘I have explosives.’ This comet claims to do something only dreamed about in the community. Taking the loot and death filled city and making it ash, returning the game to the formal glory it once had,” says senior Jake Castle.

Although it will be sad to see it go, there is no doubt that Tilted Towers has caused a big balancing issue in the game and has made many other locations obsolete. Its removal from the game will lead to more spread out drops and more people making it further into the game.

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

• Fortnite comet

Fortnite comet