Walking Dead review

Ian Woodward, Staff Writer

I have been an avid Walking Dead fan since the release of the show back in 2010. I just simply couldn’t get enough of the show. The show had anything a viewer could have asked for, a great storyline, quality characters with unique backstories, and a whole lot of zombies. Now with that being said I have recently felt as if the show has become a lot less exciting and as each episode is released I find myself wanting more than that episode had to offer. With myself losing interest in the show I took to my peers and asked what they thought about the most recent season.

Senior Colman Mansfield said, “Being a Walking Dead fan I have been extremely disappointed with their most recent content; the story has strayed too far from its roots and puts less and less focus on them as each episode passes. Along with the addition of new characters, the show is beginning to become too hard to follow.”

After these last few episodes I dug deeper to find out why the once great show has dropped in ratings.

I’ve come to find out that the most recent season drew a 2.5/5 rating in adults from ages 18 to 49, which is The Walking Dead’s main demographic. This is the lowest rating that any season has ever received since the show’s debut back in 2010. The Walking Dead’s views have dropped 20% since the last season. The Walking Dead continues to plummet, going from about 8.3 million viewers to 6.9 million viewers in a season. Maybe it’s just the Walking Dead has gone on for too long and is beginning to lose its key demographic because they have outgrown the show. However, I believe there is still hope for the show to make a comeback, if the show would put more emphasis on a few core characters from the original seasons and quit focusing so much on the new storyline trying to drag out. I think it is about time for The Walking Dead to come to an end; eight seasons is an unheard number of seasons for any show especially when The Walking Dead is averaging 10 to 12 episodes a season. With that number of episodes, it is no wonder why people are losing interest in the show. But I believe there is still hope for the show just as long as Darryl Dixon continues to kill zombies with his crossbow and stay alive.

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

• Walking Dead review

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Walking Dead review

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

• Walking Dead review

Year of the pig, incorrect, year of the Chapstick

Walking Dead review