Fortnite season 3 recap

Fortnite’s response to its popularity skyrocketing in season 2

Picture+showing+the+skins+that+were+included+in+the+season+3+battle+pass%2C+with+Dark+Voyager+on+the+middle+left+and+John+Wick+on+the+middle+right.+
Picture showing the skins that were included in the season 3 battle pass, with Dark Voyager on the middle left and John Wick on the middle right.

Jeremy Pe, Staff Writer

After the game’s skyrocket in popularity during season 2, Epic Games had high expectations when season 3 released for Fortnite. New rewards, back blings, glide trails, and memories were packed into this astronaut themed season. With $10 you can buy a battle pass that gives you rewards for every tier that you gain by doing challenges and leveling up. When season 3’s rewards dropped, players gazed upon the reward for reaching the final tier of the pass, the infamous Reaper skin, otherwise known as the John Wick skin. This year’s battle pass had 100 tiers as opposed to 70 from last season. Other notable rewards on this battle pass were the Dark Voyager, which was a black colored astronaut with orange lights throughout the outfit, another one of the cool skins included in the pass.

One of the highlights of the season and a sign that Fortnite’s popularity has reached all sports and music was the numerous times Ninja streamed Fortnite with celebrities. One of the best Fortnite streamers who has over 2,300 wins, Ninja went from streaming H1Z1 with 2,000 viewers to Fortnite with daily streams containing over 80,000 viewers. He broke the twitch record for most viewers on an individual stream when Drake joined his game and tweeted the link to the stream, racking up 628,000 viewers. However, that isn’t all he’s played with. Ninja has played with Travis Scott, Marshmello, and Juju-Smith Schuster. His rise is popularity has him making over $500,000 a year.

Epic Games added new guns and mechanics to the game over the duration of the season, such as the precise hand cannon and hunting rifle. Also the guided missile, one of the more broken weapons, was added. One of the most overpowered mechanics in the game, the double pump, was removed but then kind of brought back, with the cost of pulling out the second shotgun slower. “The double pump isn’t really that broken, as it takes up two of your item slots and if you can use it, then go ahead,” said Fortnite fanatic and senior Sandy Hutchins. Another controversial item was added, the Port-A-Fort, which most people say takes the skill out of the game for new people.

One of the more downsides to this season was the constant downtimes that Epic Games had, but we received 20x stars for that free back bling. Epic Games also blessed us with 60 fps for console this season, so the game runs much smoother and cleaner for the upcoming seasons.

When you ask players what the best types of plays are in Fortnite, most will probably say the ones that incorporate rocket riding. That mechanic was amped up this season with the guided missile, which allowed a player to shoot a rocket and jump onto it, hence the name. However, the guided missile is gone now, currently locked in the vault along with the smg, but not its memories.

Season 3 also saw the return and arrival of ame modes such as 50v50, Blitz, and Sniper shootout that change up the norm. Blitz, my personal favorite, accelerates the storm and spawns more loot which ramps up the action and forces you to move fast. With a lot of guns, items, and bug fixes added this season, the future of Fortnite looks great despite the couple of times the game’s servers went down

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

• Fortnite season 3 recap

Fortnite season 3 recap