V is for Carter V

Brandon Ottaviano, Staff Writer

Ladies and gentlemen, the album of the year has finally dropped. Lil Wayne, aka Weezy F Baby, aka the G.O.A.T., dropped his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter V, last Friday, September 28th. His album was six years in the making, having been restricted from release due to his previous record label, Cash Money Records. The album was originally planned to be released in 2014, but a multitude of contractual disputes between Wayne and his record label delayed the release. Wayne also had a number of personal disputes with his label head Birdman. Lil Wayne eventually freed himself from the record label, but not before suing him for millions of dollars. Lil Wayne’s album was produced by a number of awesome producers, including big names such as DJ Mustard, Metro Boomin, Swizz Beatz, and Zaytoven. Lil Wayne’s album features a number of performances from different big name artists, namely Travis Scott, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, and the late XXXTentacion. Lil Wayne also has a guest feature from his own daughter, Reginae Carter, who appears on the song “Famous.”

This album generated a whole lot of buzz before release, and upon release has blown up all across social media and even the music charts. Some of the more popular songs on the album include “Dedicate,” “Open Letter,” “Let it Fly,” and “Mona Lisa.”  “Mona Lisa,” a storied song featuring Kendrick Lamar, tells a tale of a sly female who seduces rich men for her boyfriend to rob. Kendrick plays the part of a rich man with an unfaithful, causing Kendrick’s character to actually perform suicide at the end of the song. Known for his lyricism, Lil Wayne does not disappoint throughout this album, especially on songs like Dedicate and Mona Lisa, which gives off vibes of Eminem’s “Stan” which tells a very vivid story. It’s no wonder Lil Wayne is considered one of the greatest of all time.

• V is for Carter V

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• V is for Carter V

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• V is for Carter V

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• V is for Carter V

• V is for Carter V

• V is for Carter V

• V is for Carter V

• V is for Carter V

• V is for Carter V

• V is for Carter V

V is for Carter V