Why Brendon Urie is the best singer ever

Why Panic! at the Disco is a great band

The man, the myth, the legend. Photo provided by altpress

Amber McGinnis, Staff Writer

If you are unaware as to who Brendon Urie is, I can assure you that you are in for a treat. Brendon Urie, whom I will now refer to as Brendon, is the singer and face of Panic! at the Disco and sole remaining original member of the band. The band has been touring the world for the past few months and still currently is (I saw their performance August 1st and it was the most amazing thing ever). Now on to why Brendon is amazing; there are many, many reasons, but I will try my best to refrain from saying the visually obvious things.

1. His voice is angelic, diverse, and unique. I encourage everyone reading this to go grab some headphones and start playing some music by them. It seems as though every album has a very different sound ranging from alternative rock (which is debatably most) to calm folk-like music (such as that in Pretty. Odd.). Additionally, I have never heard anyone hit such beautiful high notes in so many different ways.

1. His music can be enjoyed by all ages. To demonstrate my point, I had my dear grandma listen to some songs by them as we were driving. To preface, my grandma can be picky on her music and prefers old classics, so I thought it would be quite the daunting task to play enjoyable songs for both her and me; however, this proved much easier than anticipated. I played one of my favorites at the time, Death of a Bachelor, and instantly she loved it, mainly because it reminded her of Frank Sinatra (again, diverse vocal talents). Then, when I played the next song, she loved it as well! I found that she liked around 99% of the songs I played (this is a very technical and accurate percent). Really, the only ones she wasn’t fond of were the ones with curse words she does not like, such songs include I Write Sins Not Tragedies and Miss Jackson; however, she was perfectly happy with Silver Lining, whose title I cannot fully say in a school newspaper.

1. The lyrics are phenomenal. Though some lyrics can seem questionable, especially out of context, this is mainly for humor. Some examples of these questionable lyrics are “but I make these high heels work” and “I’m not as think as you drunk I am.” The majority of the lyrics have very deep meaning, though. If I ever am feeling [insert emotion here], Panic! has a song for it delivered to me via Brendon and almost always helps to improve how I am feeling or to make me think of something nice.
  • Why Brendon Urie is the best singer ever

Will Wyatt Harris pull off the unthinkable?

Save the Date

It’s Cuffing Season

Don’t Try This at Home

Queen of Rock

VS Fashion Show: A Men’s Rights Issue

Come See All My Sons!

Bring back the mullet, or die trying