Timeless teen dramas

Timeless teen dramas

Even after nearly 10 years, viewers remain fascinated by the Salvatore brothers.

Annarose Alemayehu, News Editor

There are many different teen drama shows that have been around for many years, and new shows keep appearing every year. Over the past decades two of the best shows to appear on The CW are The Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.

On September 19, 2007 Gossip Girl was released to the public. This show is about over privileged children that live on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, and there is a student that has insight on every single person in the Upper East Side. Gossip girl has the ability to hurt or harm the people in the show. The main characters Nate, Blair, Serena, Chuck, and Dan live extraordinary lives that are beyond normal. They travel the world and buy lavish clothing, jewelry, houses, and so much more, but while doing this they suffer from many family problems and the trust of others comes very rarely.

On September 10, 2009 The Vampire Diaries came out on The CW. This show about supernatural drama based on the famous book series follows Elena Gilbert on her many adventures with Damon and Stefan Salvatore, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremey and so many others. In this show with witches, vampires, and werewolves there are many people who are searching for many different things like love, freedom and family. Every character is looking for something different in this show and every character relies on the other in order to survive as well. Since every person in this show always ends up losing someone they love they are all dependent on each other, and without even realizing the characters in this show are each other’s family.

More than we realize good television shows come out and they play a big part in society many people gather around the television once a week to watch the same show and they love when they are left on a cliffhanger to see what is going to happen next to their favorite character. These two shows continue to be so popular because they are intriguing and the characters in these shows live lives that the audience can’t relate to.

• Timeless teen dramas

Will Wyatt Harris pull off the unthinkable?

• Timeless teen dramas

Save the Date

• Timeless teen dramas

It’s Cuffing Season

• Timeless teen dramas

Don’t Try This at Home

• Timeless teen dramas

Queen of Rock

• Timeless teen dramas

VS Fashion Show: A Men’s Rights Issue

• Timeless teen dramas

Come See All My Sons!

• Timeless teen dramas

Bring back the mullet, or die trying

• Timeless teen dramas

• Timeless teen dramas

Timeless teen dramas