Best Holiday Movies

Which Christmas movies should you watch this year?

Macaulay+Culkin+from+1999+when+he+starred+in+home+alone.+

Best Holiday Movies

Macaulay Culkin from 1999 when he starred in home alone.

Sara Mount, Staff Writer

Every year around November all the stores start selling Christmas decorations, playing Christmas music, and TV channels start playing Christmas movies. There are so many classic Christmas movies everyone should see. Every year new Christmas movies come out. With so many on TV It can be hard to know which are the best and worth your time.  

Some of the most classic Christmas movies are A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Polar Express, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Elf, The Santa Clause, Scrooged, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Gremlins, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, A Christmas Carol, and Miracle on 34th Street.  Even though all these movies are based around Christmas they are all very different. Some of the comedies are A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Elf, National Lampoons Christmas Vacationand How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Some movie options that are dramas are Scrooged, The Santa Clause, Gremlins, and Miracle on 34th Street. Some of the old classics get remade. This year the biggest remake movie is The Grinch, a remake of the original by Dr. Seuss. The Grinch lives on a mountain with his dog Max and under him is the village of the Whos. The Whos want to make a bigger and brighter Christmas, which is when the Grinch decides to ruin their Christmas. Jasmine Kellogg says, “I love the old Grinch, but I am not too excited for the new remake.” Some of the other popular movies are not remade but had sequels made after the success of the first movie. An example of this is Home Alone 1,2, and 3. Some of the newer Christmas movies include  Arthur Christmas and The Best Man Holiday. Every year there are the basic Christmas romance movies and the Hallmark Christmas movies. The Gremlins, a comic horror movie, is from 1984. It is about a Chinese character Gizmo. A salesman looks for a gift for his son and buys Gizmo. When they are fed at night they become mischievous little creatures. A funny family movie is Home Alone. The plot of the movie is that Kevin McCallister is forgotten by his family when they go to the airport for their family vacation. The movie takes you through his time home alone during Christmas. When he is home alone robbers try to break into his house. It is a good classic holiday movie everyone should see. On Christmas day TNT and TBS play A Christmas Story all day long. A Christmas Story is about Ralphie Parker and his family during the holidays. It is another comedy and a classic. 

No matter what your preference, age, or family there many options of good holiday movies. There are many options for young kids such as The Polar Express, The Grinch, and Rudolph, as well as so many options for adults or families.

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

• Best Holiday Movies

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Best Holiday Movies

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

Best Holiday Movies