Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

With the upcoming final season of this hit TV show returning, who knows what will happen?

Brandon Ottaviano, Staff Writer

It’s been over a year since television was good. Since August of 2017, there has been nothing of importance or of comparable value worth watching on air. However, that is all going to change. Season 8 of the best television series on the planet arrives in April of this year.

Based on the story by George R. R. Martin, the story of Game of Thrones is set on the fictional land of Westeros. Game of Thrones follows three basic story arcs that encompass most of the story. The first is of the fight for the Iron Throne of the kingdom. The powerful families of the realm are overwhelmed with secrecy, hatred, and conflict, either trying to claim the throne or trying to save the throne. The second arc follows Daenerys Targaryen, the last descendent of the last ruling dynasty. She has been exiled, far away from the throne, and her story follows the trials and tribulations of getting back to the kingdom to take it back. The third story arc follows the brotherhood at the Wall, where they defend the realm from the wild savages on the other side, as well as the threat of an ancient power reawakening with the incoming winter.

Those who have watched Game of Thrones and are caught up will be ecstatic for this new season. For the rest of you, SPOILER ALERT!!!

Season 8 will pick up in Winterfell, with Jon Snow and Daenerys arriving in the city. This foreshadows much of what’s to come and sets up the rest of the major story plots of the season. Since it will only encompass six episodes, Season 8 will have to wrap up all the show’s loose ends. Jon Snow will inevitably reunite with his family, and will inevitably learn of his true heritage.

Jaime and Tyrion Lannister will also reunite, perhaps joining forces with Daenerys in fighting the impending White Walker invasion.

Cersei Lannister, alone in King’s Landing, faces her prophecy, and the rest of the world will await the fate of the realm. Who will take the throne? Will there even be a throne left?

A number of fans have been grieving over this long winter. Here’s what they have to say:

Lexi Barber (12): “This wait is literally killing me. This show is so dang good.”

Paris Williams (12): “I’m so pumped for April you have no idea.”

Skylar Kuper (12): “This is going to be the best season finale of any show ever.”

Season 8 returns April of 2019.

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

• Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here

Year of the pig, incorrect, year of the Chapstick

Spoiler Alert: Winter is Here