Movies of the summer

Once school’s out show times are in!

Students are rushing from the classrooms and into movie theater seats! Washington Post

Kinou Louis-Charles, Ad Manager

Lights, camera, action–your summer movies are on their way and will start premiering just as soon as school ends and vacation begins. There are so many exciting films on their way one might dare to see them all because who can choose between Lion King and Toy Story 4? Why is the hype for these movies so high, one might ask? Well, because the expectation for these movies isn’t for them to be great; it’s for them to be awesome and to make your childhood dreams come alive with movie magic. Here are the most anticipated movies of the summer of 2019.

A whole new world is coming to view when we are taken on a magic carpet ride through a live action Aladdin coming to theaters May 24th. Starring Will Smith as Genie, Mena Massoud as Aladdin, and Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine, Millennials, Gen-Zers, and even their parents are coming to see this movie not just to see how movie makers incorporated a tiger into the movie or to see if Will Smith can actually pull off the role as Genie but to experience the excitement that was there when they watched the movie for the first time. Additionally, of course this movie is a musical containing the songs we held dear to our hearts such as “Friend Like Me” and “A Whole New World.”  The buzz for the film is resounding.

Let’s take this magic carpet on a trip to Andy’s house and seem what the old toys are up to. That’s right Toy Story 4 is happening and coming to theaters June 21st. The old and familiar voices that contributed to so many people’s childhoods are coming together to make one more adventure. Old pals Buzz, Woody, and even Rex must keep Bonnie’s new toy, which is a spork, from escaping home without  Bonnie figuring out the toy is gone. You may have already guessed, it’s a tough world out there for a toy and the mission is more challenging than it seems.

Over to the man behind the mask, or should I say kid? Spider-man Far from Home is also coming out this summer and fans of all things Marvel are getting too anxious to wait. Many Marvel fans are excited to see answers to their questions such as, does the movie take place after the mega defeat at the hand of the super villain Thanos or after Avengers: Endgame? All will be revealed on July 5th when movie goers watch Peter Parker take a trip to Europe and experience some…interesting encounters.

Now finally for the young cub who just can’t wait to be king; Lion King in a live action animation is coming to theaters July 19th. All our old friends such as Zazoo, Timon, and Pumba are accompanying Simba on screen as we watch the tragic and thrilling story of the King of the savanna. It’s hard to tell if the fans are more excited for the songs or for the newer version of Lion King, but one thing I do know is that tears will be shed one more time for Mufasa’s death that broke all of our hearts the first time. From a common thief in the Middle East to the king of the lions, the movie list for summer 2019 looks like it will be occupying many people’s vacations.

• Movies of the summer

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• Movies of the summer

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• Movies of the summer

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• Movies of the summer

• Movies of the summer

• Movies of the summer

• Movies of the summer

• Movies of the summer

• Movies of the summer

• Movies of the summer

Movies of the summer