Review of the new show Jules and the Phantoms

This new show will have you hooked! on both the music and the actual show!

The+show+is+actually+based+of+a+Spanish+Nickelodeon+TV+show+from+2011-+but+was+revised+and+sold+to+Netflix+just+last+year%21+

The show is actually based of a Spanish Nickelodeon TV show from 2011- but was revised and sold to Netflix just last year!

Lauren McCloy, Staff Writer

I somehow managed to watch all of Season 1 of Jules and The Phantoms in one day and I absolutely loved it. This show was just released by Netflix on September 10th, 2020 and honestly I thought it would just be another cheesy, romantic comedy type TV show- but it is so much more.

The series is about these three teenage boys in a rock band in 1995 called Sunset Curve – the night they had their biggest gig of their career they went out to celebrate by eating some street hotdogs. Unfortunately, that “new taste” that one of the main characters, Alex, pointed out, killed all three of the band members. leaving one (Bobby) who stayed back to see a girl- alive.

in some major serious of events- the three ghosts come back in the year 2020… Luke, Alex and Reggie. They can only be seen by a teenager girl named Jules. And the story only gets better from there… The show is very musically based (since they are in a band) but the songs are a serious bop. I would personally listen to this playlist every day for the rest of my life. While it is a show first, they aren’t pulling any punches when it comes to songwriting. After discovering Bobby, the only alive member of the band, stole all of their music and gave no credit to them- the boys decided that they were going to get their revenge, but would their revenge lead to another ghostly disaster?

The cast is filled with unknown talent who finally are getting their chance to be discovered. They all clearly got their spots on talent alone, you can tell that right away by their incredible acting skills. You can’t help but instantly fall in love with their characters. It is a well-deserved break from all the movies that only feature big names. And while the actors who play the ghosts are a bit older than their high school characters, the lead role of Julie is played by 16-year-old Madison Reyes, and her best friend Flynn is played by 15-year-old Jadah Marie. High schoolers who actually look like high schoolers and not fully grown adults.

This show is a classic rewatch over and over again; it honestly just doesn’t get old. Hopefully Netflix pulls through with a season 2! Go stream Jules and The Phantoms on Netflix now!!