Luke Combs…another killer album?

The new album What You See Ain’t Always What You Get released October 2020.

Kara Piehl, Staff Writer

Calling all country fans! Country artist Luke Combs just released his new album What You See Ain’t Always What You Get: Deluxe edition, and many fans are ecstatic. This album has five new songs on it, plus all the songs from the first album. This album has already hit the Billboard Charts at #23 for this week. This album has also sold 320,000 copies in the short time that it has been out.

One of the most popular songs off of this album is the new single “Forever After All” this song is dedicated to his wife, as they are newly married. It hits the points about love and everyone doubting the relationship that these two have. Combs emphasized the line “some things last forever after all,” meaning he and his newly married wife will last forever. Many people are viewing this as a love song and are playing this song for their significant others.

Other new songs released on this album include “Cold as Youand My Kind of Folkand The Other Guy. The reason behind this album was to put the party country music aside and give us something with more meaning behind it. This album also many songs where Combs collaborated with other artists to create songs. Some of the artists include Brooks and Dunn and Eric Church.

Many people posted the new album on social media to give their opinions on it. East Lake  sophomore Hannah Willett says, “I love the new album, although I don’t listen to country I could vibe to this.” Junior Katie Roseman says, “I love this album and it’s nice to have as background music.” I think this album is perfect and gets a taste of the Southern culture in it. This album has anything from songs about beer, to songs about trucks, to songs about love.