Arctic Monkeys

Picture of the former band which consists of Alex Turner, Jamie Cook. Nick O’Malley, and Matt Helders. Together they form Artic Monkeys!

Kiara Perez Cans, Staff Writer

Arctic Monkeys, the band that was formed in Sheffield, United Kingdom in 2002, is making a comeback. Consisting of Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Nick O’Malley, and Matt Helders, together they are amazing. Their music is a mix of  indie rock and alternative rock. Currently having their music featured on current Tik Tok trends allows people to express the spreading the know very well-known band to today’s world.

Formed 19 years ago, the band is still active and up and running. They have previously won seven awards and being the first band to win “Best New Band” and “Best British Band” in Shockwave NME Awards back in 2006. Generation Z filled with many indie listeners and having the particular dream of feeling like a “main character” tend to choose bands that are underground and give you good vibes. Lauren Smith, a junior at East Lake High School, says, “I love their music; you can jam out to it and it always puts you in a good mood.” Many of their songs can easily put you in a good or relaxing mood, those being “Do I Wanna Know?,” their most listened on Spotify, “505”, “R U Mine?”, “I Wanna Be Yours”, and my personal favorite “Knee Socks”. You can listen to every single song of theirs and not skip once because they are all so catchy. While they aren’t currently on tour for many reasons like COVID, you can still listen to them on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube, Pandora and iHeartRadio.

So, if you want to feel like a main character and go skating in the sunset or run around the rain, it has to be with Arctic Monkeys. No matter what mood you are, they can reach it and change it to nostalgic and or have a feeling of being powerful. Another upside to it is that they are still together to this day and active on Instagram and currently working on a new album. Go listen to them now, and you will thank me later.