What do you crave?

Taylor Rowland, Staff Writer

Everyone craves something. Whether it’s the 9 o’clock chocolate cravings, Starbucks before school, or Moe’s in 5th period, everyone has that certain food that they crave at a certain time.

Senior Kayla Fratus says her biggest food craving is Italian food. “I don’t know why it’s Italian food but I just love pasta and red sauce.” She says her mom makes the best ziti and stuffed shells. It doesn’t matter what time it is if she smells Italian food she wants some.

TV commercials are the worst. You will just be sitting there watching your favorite show and all of a sudden a commercial for Chick-Fil-A will come on and just by seeing the commercial you need to go to chickfila and get that sandwich and a large coke just like the commercial depicted. It is the perfect ploy to get customers into the restaurant. Sophomore Drake Rowland has a craving for Chick-Fil-A and just by seeing commercials he needs to eat it. “The worst is Sundays; I always crave Chick-Fil-A on Sunday when it is closed,” Drake said. People also seem to crave food when they cannot get it. Chick-Fil-A is the perfect example of this. Underclassmen who or students who cannot drive in general have it the worst. When the craving hits they can’t just get their keys and go out the door they have to find a ride or sit and suffer.

It’s interesting that people do not understand why they get these cravings. Researchers say that sight and smell trigger these craving sensations. In school just talking about food with a friend and can make people crave some sort of food. Junior Morgan Gunderson says, “At the end of the day my friends and I always talk about where we are going to lunch and it makes me crave Panera, I don’t know why but I always want the broccoli and cheddar soup from there.”

Whether it’s by seeing a commercial, talking about food, seeing food, or smelling it everyone has that certain craving.