These guys know how to dress and attract the ladies.

Ryan Muchard, Staff Writer

What we wear says a lot about us: cargo shorts show that you’re a nerd, a nice suit shows sophistication, and a graphic T-shirt (such as one with a large cat printed on it) shows a funny personality. The Hawaiian shirt exudes a mentality like no other article of clothing can; it radiates the “I’m here to party” message, as well as creating a tropical aura wherever the person goes. The man who wears a Hawaiian shirt is one who appreciates the finer things in life. He’s a man who doesn’t need things like “society” or a “girlfriend” telling him when it’s appropriate to sip Margaritas and listen to Jimmy Buffet. He’s a guy just living on island time.

The Hawaiian shirt has been around for centuries, and it has been popular since creation. Legend holds that pirates sailing in the 1600’s witnessed locals clad in this style of shirt. However, the Hawaiian didn’t gain popularity until after World War II when soldiers returned from their stations in Hawaii and the South Pacific with these tacky shirts. Now planes were fast enough to carry tourists from the mainland to Hawaii, and the rest is history. Not too many shirts have stood the test of time quite like this one. At this point the depth of Hawaiians is endless, from Christmas themes to your favorite sports team. If you can think it, there is a Hawaiian shirt out there. I, for example, own one with fish on it and images of boats in the background. This eminence variety of styles means that there isn’t a day that a Hawaiian shouldn’t be worn, even weddings; just throw a blazer over it. One of the many reasons why these shirts are so loved is that the comfort is unrivaled, the soft silky fabric draped over the body with a hint of wind passing through the buttons. Even with all the favorable things about Hawaiians many people despise them. These people, commonly known as nerds, just don’t have the right state of mind for the Hawaiian shirt.

There are all sorts of clothing out there that a man can wear. From suits to graphic shirts, each says something different. If you want to stand out, show you’re a true man, and reflect your “don’t give a crap” attitude, the Hawaiian shirt is for you. Wear one today. Do it for the ladies. Trust me, they love it.

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

• The Hawaiian

Good morning, Feast Lake