Hot spots for the summer

This waterfall can cool you off on a hot day.

Charlee Dunn, Staff Writer

Summer is full of excitement and is a perfect opportunity to take a trip. Being a high school student, however, makes it hard to hop on a plane and fly abroad to London or Paris. Luckily, there are so many hidden treasures right here in Florida!

Feeling a little adventurous? Head to Branford, Florida and visit Bob’s River Place. For a rate of $25 per car, you can enjoy an extremely popular swimming hole. There are rope swings with your choice of three different platform levels. The rush of soaring through the sky and then splashing into the cool water will definitely get your blood rushing! There’s also a 55 foot waterslide for those of us that want a little rush but can’t get ourselves to jump off the towering rope swings. Bob’s River Place also has volleyball nets, floating docks, and Jumping Jack’s Splash Platform. There’s so much to do here, you’ll never get bored. And, if you really want to walk on the wild side, there are campgrounds not too far up the road. It doesn’t get much better than Bob’s River Place and a camping all in the same day!

If you’re looking for something more picturesque, you can make your way to Florida’s Falling Waters State Park. This park is essentially a huge reserve with one of Florida’s largest waterfalls. Upon entering, you can hike Sinkhole Trail, which is lined with beautiful trees and foliage. The actual sinkhole that the waterfall flows into is a 100 foot deep, 20 foot wide cylindrical tunnel. The final destination of the water is still unknown. After viewing the waterfall you can take a dip in the lake, have a picnic, or just watch all the wildlife around you. It’s guaranteed to be fun for everyone.

What would summer be without eating out every once in a while? If you’re a foodie, the answer is nothing. A great restaurant to hit up this summer would be Anise Global Gastrobar located in Downtown Tampa. The ambiance is incredible with a beautiful modern feel and a nice playlist for background noise. The most important thing, though, is that the food is phenomenal. The meals are internationally inspired so prepare for a wide range of options including jap chae noodles with sauteed vegetables or freshly pressed paninis. What’s also great about the food is that they are also seasonally inspired, meaning you’re going to be getting the freshest of what they have to offer. Pricing is fair, with  the average price about $15. Overall, it’s the perfect place to make a dinner date.

You don’t have to break the bank this summer to have a good time. There are so many fun things to do that are sometimes just around the corner. All you have to do is plan your trip and be ready for a great time!

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

• Hot spots for the summer

Good morning, Feast Lake

• Hot spots for the summer

Opinions

Philosophical web story by Michael Del Duca

Hot spots for the summer