Spotify vs. Pandora

Which music app is most popular and offers the most benefits to high school students?

Spotify wins this competition with the majority of people enjoying the millions of songs that this app offers along with the personal twists that each person can add to their profile.

Cristina Himelhoch, Staff Writer

Spotify and Pandora are the most popular apps to listen to music from. They each offer free access to popular songs of different varieties. These apps allow for people to listen to their favorite types of music without having to pay for individual songs. This comes with a disadvantage, though, because there are many ads that the user has to listen to and a limited amount of songs that they can skip. That is where the app can become ever better. If you pay a certain amount of money each month, then you could skip any song you want and avoid listening to boring ads. For both Spotify Premium and Pandora Premium, it costs $9.99 a month.

Spotify is famous for its ability for users to create their own playlists that they can share publicly. Also, users can follow people of their choosing that listen to similar styles of music that they like. Spotify also has a much larger range of music catalogs when compared to Pandora. It has around 20 million songs while Pandora only has around a million. Personally, I definitely like Spotify much better than Pandora. I first started off using Pandora but found that although it did choose good songs, I didn’t like not being able to create my own playlists full of the music that I personally enjoy. Senior Annaklara Doel prefers Spotify over Pandora and says that it is because “Spotify literally has everything if you have premium and even if you don’t have premium. All you have to do is listen to a few ads, but you still have access to millions of songs!” Senior Marcella Pagnot also enjoys Spotify more because “it has a wider selection of music and also because it has Happy Hits and Happy Hits is awesome!”

Pandora was established 15 years ago, which was seven years before Spotify was developed. Since Pandora existed first, it only seems fair to give them credit for having the brilliant idea of this music service app. It is known for being able to more accurately select music for its listeners than Spotify. It plays music based on the genre or artist that is personally customized to each listener. Although they do a great job with music selection, people still seem to favor Spotify.

Overall, based on the statistics, Spotify wins this competition. Among high school students, Spotify definitely wins as well. Spotify has taken over the music listening industry and has become insanely popular since its creation. People still listen to Pandora, but many more people have made the transition to Spotify.

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

• Spotify vs. Pandora

Good morning, Feast Lake

• Spotify vs. Pandora

Opinions

Philosophical web story by Michael Del Duca

Spotify vs. Pandora