Five Halloween fun facts

http://cdn.lifebuzz.com/images/92409/lifebuzz-02a5b9383b2be46b92283652c6541119-li mit_2000.jpg

Albert Turner, Staff Writer

1. Halloween, according to most sources, comes from the term “All Hallows Eve,” meaning “The Night before the holy are made” Being a slightly religious holiday and one with roots in Irish heritage, so much that it is considered more in tune with Irish heritage than St. Patrick’s Day.
  2. Pumpkins were not the first choice for Jack o’ Lantern making. Before the pumpkin became the iconic choice for making the neighborhood glow in festive dim glows, potatoes, beets and radishes were popular choices and lit the very same way you would with a pumpkin, pumpkins being a more efficient choice and much easier to hollow out and carve faces or other images into became the norm for most participants.
  1. America’s favorite candy according to the barrage of ads on TV isn’t very clear, but according to polls done by research groups they have determined each state’s favorite candy. Some notable favorites are Florida’s favorite candy bar being the Nestle Crunch Bar, California loving Lifesaver hard candies, and New York being fans of Sweet tarts.

See top for an image of the states and their favorite candies.

1. The states’ age groups have extremely clear favorites as well, with kids being fans of chocolate, teens and young adults favoring gummy candy, and adults and the elderly liking soft caramels and hard fruit candies. Without a doubt a split gap when it comes to the people of age groups and, this writer can certainly agree with his age group’s choice of gummy-goodness.
  1. Around 130 Years ago, Halloween was an alive and kicking holiday despite the candy being much more difficult to obtain for the distributors. As candy wasn’t readily available at stores, most treats had to be hand-made and wrapped by the house; otherwise there was no treat and they were tricked into knocking for no reason.

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

• Five Halloween fun facts

Five Halloween fun facts