Valentine’s Day candy reviews

Nothing says “I love you” like cheap chocolates with cheap fillings.

Isabel Platis, News Editor

If you’ve ever attempted to buy Valentine’s Day candy or chocolate, you probably agree on the fact that it can be quite overwhelming.  With the amount of choices available, you could spend hours at a time finding the best option. Although most of these candies are placed in cute Valentine packaging that look very appealing to the eye, there are many sweets that you should stay away from. To make your Valentine’s Day shopping easier, I’ve come up with a list of the best and worst candies and chocolates sold on the shelves of your favorite grocery stores.

Let’s start with the worst. This first candy is highly controversial, similar to the pineapple on pizza debate, and also happens to be the most prototypical Valentine candy out there. Although Sweethearts win the award for cutest candy, they certainly do not win the taste award in my opinion. The texture is similar to chalk and gets stuck in your teeth easily. Even though they’re called “sweet” hearts, the taste is actually very bland and not sweet at all. Nothing says “I love you” like a $2 box of crappy candy hearts.

These next Valentine sweets are the chocolates that come in a heart shaped box. Just like the Sweethearts, they also win the cute award and go really well with flowers. However, the chocolates inside the adorable box are usually pretty gross. Most of them are cheap, and no one likes cheap tasting chocolate. The trick is to spend a little extra money and get a good brand of chocolate that you can trust such as Ghirardelli or Godiva. Just a little tip: if you’ve never heard of the brand before, don’t buy it.

The last Valentine candy I suggest not spending your money on is the giant Hershey Kiss. For one, it’s nearly impossible to eat. You basically need a fork and knife to be able to enjoy this massive block of diabetes; talk about inconvenience. Personally, I’d much rather eat a whole bag of individually wrapped Hershey kisses than the 7 ounce solid chocolate. In comparison, the bag of individual kisses is $5 cheaper and requires minimal effort to enjoy.

Now it’s time to talk about candy that actually matters. This first one brings me back to my elementary school days. If you’re looking for a sugar rush, Wonka Fun Dip is the way to go. I know it sounds childish, but Fun Dip is one of those candies that never gets old. Another candy that you can always rely on is M&M’s. If you really want to be extra, you can go online and custom make your M&Ms with a picture or a saying. Besides those two sweets, you can always rely on the basics such as gummy bears (not the giant one), Nerds, or any well-known name brand candy or chocolates. No matter what sweets you end up buying for your special someone, don’t be cheap about it and take your time trying to pick out something they’ll enjoy.

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

• Valentine’s Day candy reviews

Valentine’s Day candy reviews