The head of all chefs

Gordon Ramsay is pictured here while giving a tutorial on how to cook wonderful food in one’s home.

Chase Cantin, Staff Writer

My favorite TV personality of all time is Gordon Ramsay. I believe that Gordon represents all that a TV character should represent, while at the same time he maintains his private life and his real personality reserved for when he is not on the screen. He is so impressive as not only is he a world class chef, but he is also a fantastic actor when he needs to be.

To go over his excellence it is important to trace Gordon’s history on television as well as his cooking journey as they both sort of coincide together. Gordon began his culinary refinery in the early 80s by working as a commis chef at the Wroxton House Hotel. After he left that job he then moved to London to work for Macro Pierre White at Harvey’s. He worked at Harvey’s for 2 years and 10 months before finally deciding to leave after all the hostility in the kitchen. I find this ironic as Gordon probably had no idea at the time that most of his later personality would be known for its hostility in the kitchen.  He furthered his career after this by going to France to study more culinary techniques. There is much more to Gordon’s story including studies in Italy, Bermuda and other countries. After spending years mastering many different culinary techniques Gordon moved unto the next chapter in his life.

Its this stage after his culinary mastery that everyone knows and loves Gordon Ramsay for. After his experience traveling the globe learning several techniques for cooking, Gordon took to the entertainment industry. He started on shows such as Boiling Point, as a judge to evaluate cooking, much like MasterChef, as well as on the show Faking It, to help a prospective burger chef learn his way with the patty. He starred on these shows for a couple of years until he finally gained enough fame to create his own show Gordon’s Kitchen Nightmares, which aired on British television and became an instant success. It was on this show that Gordon showed the world the real struggles of owning a restaurant, by entering them and helping owners deal with their problems. Where he found his fame, however, was with the foul language and blunt responses that he served the owners alongside his delicious food.

As this show was a hit, Gordon found himself a new opportunity under the sponsorship of FOX in the United States where he would have another show titled, and respectively named, Hell’s Kitchen. This show followed a group of chefs who would be tasked with cooking in one of Gordon’s restaurants in Las Vegas under the supervision of the man himself. Under his terrifying glare and profane language, the chefs were under pressure to cook 5 star quality food, which most of the time did not even come close, at least to Gordon standards, and were eliminated one by one based off of their performance. This show is what propelled Gordon into the stardom and recognition that he receives today and is probably the reason why anyone here in the United States knows about him.

There is much more to Gordon Ramsay’s life than what I mentioned. In fact, he has another hit show called Masterchef, in which he tones down the language quite a bit in order to provide a more critical view and evaluation of one’s creation, as opposed to just calling in rubbish and throwing it at a wall. He also has settled down and started a family and provides tutorials that are family friendly on how to cook some wonderful dishes from one’s own home. This man can do it all not only in the culinary world but also in the entertainment industry and that is why he is my favorite television personality.

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

• The head of all chefs

The head of all chefs