The Music that Helps Make the Movie

Most Famous movies have a vital element that fails to be appreciate, this is a shout out to all those who go unnoticed.

A picture of a film score in the making and the complexity of notes. 
Picture by: https://www.cinema5d.com/masterclass-review-hans-zimmer-teaches-film-scoring/

A picture of a film score in the making and the complexity of notes. Picture by: https://www.cinema5d.com/masterclass-review-hans-zimmer-teaches-film-scoring/

Madison Stites, Staff Writer

Imagine you are watching the Titanic. You are to the part where Jack romantically takes Rose to the front of the ship, the moment is building, but there is no romantic, whimsical music. There is just the sound of wind flapping against Rose’s face while she is trying to yell “I’m flying.” Luckily, the scene does not occur in this way due to the not-so-secret, secret ingredient of most films. Many don’t ever pause to consider the power of the film score in a movie, yet the flamboyant, soft, dramatic, and entertaining notes are what really allow the viewer to feel the emotions of the characters. Those who create these masterful film scores are the key elements to a developing magnificent movie.

These individuals of talent often fall behind the scenes due to the publicity of the actors, yet their part could be said to be of even greater importance. One of these famous film composers behind the scenes of the films is James Horner. A musician at the age of five, he soon became the famous composer of the music in the previously mentioned film Titanic, he also wrote and composed for Braveheart, Avatar, Legend of the Falls, and many notorious others. Although he died in 2015, his composing is still well known and the key addition to many of the tangible emotions in all his films. He was known for her electric elements, choral elements, and his skill for writing Celtic music. Another eminent film score composer is Hans Zimmer. Arguably, the most famous of today’s writers, he has composed the music for The Lion King, Interstellar, Inception, Gladiator, etc. He has orchestrated soundtracks for over a hundred films, 50 of which have been nominated for awards. His music is always a way to challenge himself to develop a new style and sound. He uses a large variety of instruments, vocals, and other elements. His music is that of a proficient talented expert. Without film scores, the true power of the story would be lost to the viewers. His job along with others of his profession is to make the film come to life, to make the film something of magic, which he so often exceeds at doing so.

This is a tribute to all the masters of film score composing. Though they often go unnoticed, they are eligible for the Oscar of Best Original Score. Recent winners include Alexandra Deplat with The Shape of Water score, Justin Hurwitz with La La Land, and Ennio Morricone with the Hateful Eight. Their works of art are vital to a film, and one often doesn’t recognize the rare and talented ability and how it makes the film. It takes years upon years to master such a talent and very few make it. Yet, those who do, seem to almost never disappoint. Next time you watch a film, take a moment to consider the key ingredient to so many truly stunning masterpieces.

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

• The Music that Helps Make the Movie

The Music that Helps Make the Movie