The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Sabrina4.jpg
The Archie comic that inspired the awesome show.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Sabrina4.jpg The Archie comic that inspired the awesome show.

Gitana Garcia, Entertainment and Editorials Editor

Based on the Archie comics and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is the latest binge worthy show on Netflix. This one season updated spin is far from the old show, but still has many of the themes from the original comics weaved in. It is dark, moody, suspenseful and upbeat ambiance that could not be better.

Starring Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina Spellman, the infamous half mortal half teenage witch who lives with her aunts Hilda and Zelda, and cousin Ambrose. the show takes place right before Sabrina’s sixteenth birthday where her Dark Baptism is supposed to occur. Under a blood moon, Sabrina will sign her soul to the Dark Lord and become a full-blown witch. However, being half mortal, she goes to Baxter High School where she has two best friends, Roz and Susie, and boyfriend Harvey (who is played by Ross Lynch from Austin and Ally). Her mortal connections make her doubt the Dark Lord and avoid leaving her friends behind. This duality between the two worlds leads to some sticky situations as the overarching question of whether Sabrina will choose the Path of Light or Dark plays into each episode. The plot is spooky with many twists, yet things are never confusing. Characters are portrayed with dimension as the viewer learns not everyone is who they say they are, the heroes and villains are not shown upfront like usual.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina does have a darker side to the spooky and jump scare moments, but not too scary for the audiences used to humor. The creepy scenes of dead witches hanging or gory human dissections brings out the comical parts like how the Devil loves roast child but hates onions. The sweet love between Sabrina and Harvey is relationship goals and bears such precious moments throughout all while driving the plot of the show. Overall, it is a must watch show that has strong messages of women empowerment and confidence that might seem unusual for such a Satanic show. It is a pleasure to watch with the scariest part being how good it really is.

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Will Wyatt Harris pull off the unthinkable?

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Save the Date

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

It’s Cuffing Season

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Don’t Try This at Home

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Queen of Rock

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

VS Fashion Show: A Men’s Rights Issue

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Come See All My Sons!

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Bring back the mullet, or die trying

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

• The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina