College clubs

Greek Life isn't the only way to get involved in your school. Clubs provide other avenues to pursue your interests that few other institutions offer.

Mario Shontz, Staff Writer

Going to college opens many opportunities to get involved in what you want and meet people with your interests. Joining clubs and organizations is a great way to do just that.

With the hundreds, if not thousands of clubs that your college most likely offers, figuring out what to join could be a challenge. Grouping them into categories and deciding what you are most interested in or want to try out can help. Here is a description of a few different kind of clubs you can join.

Sports and Athletic Clubs

While colleges have their own official sports teams, not everyone is good enough or wants to dedicate that much time into a sport, especially if they don’t have any interest in playing competitively after college. A lot of people just want to have a fun time playing a game of soccer or disc golf or volleyball. Many colleges offer recreational clubs like these, and they are much more relaxed than an official team. Further, some schools have weird sports like Quidditch, in which people play a “muggle” version of the game from Harry Potter, which is a fun thing to at least try out!

Community Service Clubs

Want to get involved in your college’s community? Joining a club that does community service or fights for a certain cause that you believe in is a great way to do this. You can make lifelong friendships and bonds while helping people or fighting for what you believe is right.

The Arts

From Theater to Music, there are clubs and organizations for all kinds of subjects in the Arts department, and anyone interested in such can expand their knowledge and have fun doing so in a club like this!

Academic Clubs

These clubs focus on scholarly subjects and a shared love for a certain field. Joining a club like this will help you to learn more about subjects outside of just classrooms and lectures, and to find people that share your enthusiasm for a subject. Connections from such clubs may help you in the future or could help you find a partner in business or research.

• College clubs

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• College clubs

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• College clubs

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• College clubs

• College clubs

• College clubs

• College clubs

• College clubs

• College clubs

• College clubs

College clubs