Summer bucket list

How to make this summer vacation one to remember

Summer bucket list

Summer is a time to get out and do whatever you choose without the restrictions of a school schedule. If you make the most of it you could make a summer to remember.

Mario Shontz, Staff Writer

With a break from school, summer vacation presents endless opportunities to take advantage of each moment to spend time with people you love, explore new destinations, and spend time participating in activities that you enjoy. Sometimes, though, without a schedule dictated for you, the free time is overwhelming, and without a sense of direction your summer will be over in no time. If you are lost on what to do during your summer vacation, this summer bucket list may help you out.

1. Get Outside

Exploring nature while having fun with family and friends is an optimal way to spend your summer break. Have a beach day, lounging in a beach chair or swimming in the crystal waters. Set up a picnic in the park with your favorite people, eating delicious foods. Host a night time bonfire, stop by a local farmer’s market, or simply play soccer in your backyard. With the wind in your hair and the Earth between your toes, there’s no way you can be bored during your summer vacation.

1. Get Active

During the school year, staying in shape is difficult without a serious dedication to the gym. However, the summer presents fun ways to keep moving that don’t require lifting weights. Play miniature golf, spend a night roller skating, or go bowling. Try running a 5k for a cause you care about, learn how to surf, or go whitewater rafting. No matter how you get active this summer, it’s guaranteed to improve not only your body, but your mind as well.

1. Get Creative

Summer is a time for allowing your mind to explore and experience new things. Take a bite of a new food you’ve never tried before. Take a road trip to new places, allowing yourself–and possibly your friends too–to drive freely, stopping at new and interesting destinations. Sit down with a good book or binge a Netflix show, allowing yourself to become immersed in another world. Try baking a new recipe of a dessert you’ve been loving recently. Get out into the community and volunteer for an organization you’re passionate about helping. Or, make a scrapbook with your favorite photographs from your past, allowing you to reminisce and find your creative side at the same time. “Creativity is the way you share your soul with the world”, so get sharing.

Hopefully this list of ideas is helpful. But, you need to remember that summer isn’t about listing off the most impressive vacation destinations and attractions. Summer is about making memories that you cherish, not impressing others. It’s okay if going on a vacation to Europe isn’t for you, or not feasible. Everyone’s own version of fun and excitement is different, and it’s the individual experiences and feelings you create that matter. If you encourage your mind to explore and experience what the world has to offer, your summer will certainly be one to remember. Just get out in the world… and just do it.

• Summer bucket list

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• Summer bucket list

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• Summer bucket list

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• Summer bucket list

• Summer bucket list

• Summer bucket list

• Summer bucket list

• Summer bucket list

• Summer bucket list

• Summer bucket list

Summer bucket list