A human’s best friend

The one animal that loves their owner more than themselves. Dogs not only are such amazing companions but they can also brighten everyone’s day! Having one is just filled with pros and can easily overrule a con.

Kiara Perez Cans, Staff Writer

Known as a man’s best friend, dogs can cure anyone’s anxiety or sadness or at least make your day better just by being near you. If you have ever thought about getting a dog but still don’t have one, this is your sign to get one.

Having a dog around can instantly make your day better and having one also has some health benefits. Kendall Bullock, a junior at East Lake High School, says, “Dogs are always happy and can put a smile on anyone’s face. They are so pure we don’t deserve them.”  They can make you feel joy and can also help with your health problems. If you suffer from heart issues, having a dog can help lower your pressure, reduce your cholesterol, and decrease triglyceride levels. All of these factors make your heart better and it’s all thanks to your companion. While they may help with cardiovascular problems, they also keep you in shape. Having a dog means you have to take them on walks and play with them, keeping you in motion. Now focusing on the emotional aspects, dogs are there for you always no matter what. Having them as company can help alleviate depression. As a matter of fact, many people decided to adopt dogs when the COVID-19 lockdowns occurred. They help reduce your stress on anything and through the darkest of times manage to make you smile.

Dogs love their owners unconditionally and regardless if you’ve been with them your entire life, they still get excited when they see you. Having them of course requires work but it is completely worth it. You have to feed them, take them on walks, bathe them, and most importantly show them love. All of these sound like fun! Lauren Smith, a junior at East Lake High School, says, “I like my dog because she has a cute walk and is adorable even when she has separation anxiety.” Watching how happy they get in their walks is truly the most adorable thing and you can also enjoy watching the sunset as a stress reliever or even to just admire nature with your trusted companion. Giving them a bath can make it fun for the both you especially when they get the zoomies afterwards.

These are only a few things that are fun; imagine how your life would be with a lovable dog with you. There are so many benefits of adopting a dog for you and for the dog, as you are also providing them a home of love. Now if you are trying to convince someone, feel free to use all of these pros and remember adopting a dog should be the first option!