Tragedy in Las Vegas

The aftermath of the deadly shooting.

The aftermath of the deadly shooting.

Photo provided by ABC News

Photo provided by ABC News

The aftermath of the deadly shooting.

Jeremy Pe, Staff Writer

Las Vegas just went through the most deadly mass shooting in U.S. history. On October, 1, 2017, a deadly shooting occurred at a Jason Aldean concert. As he was singing one of his songs, he heard what he thought was fireworks. Little did he know it was something far worse, and he ran away from the stage. Unfortunately, Aldean did not notify the crowd to get down, or to run. He just ran away. The gunfire lasted 11 minutes. The shooter’s name is Stephen Paddock. He is a 64-year-old man who is a gambler, real estate investor, and used to be a mailman. He is from Mesquite, Nevada. He shot from a hotel 400 yards away from the concert. He shot from the 32nd floor. 59 people were killed including him and more than 500 were wounded. Paddock came into the Mandalay Bay Resort a day before the concert, which was on Thursday. He rented a suite that contained two rooms. The room contained a perfect view for the concert 400 yards away.

Paddock carried 10 suitcases into the hotel. Police reported that they saw him carrying an excess amount of bags. These cases were loaded with 23 weapons, ranging from .308 to .223 caliber, and a couple of tripods for aiming. He was also carrying a couple of cameras, one of which he placed on the door to keep watch for anyone approaching the room. He also has a “Do not disturb” sign on his door to repel anyone who wanted to approach his room, specifically housekeeping.

Around 22,000 people were attending the event called Route 91. During Paddock’s act of terrorism, police saw a light coming from the hotel, particularly the north tower. At around 10:21 pm, police swarmed Mandalay Bay. At around 11:25, a SWAT team breached the door. However, by the time they broke in it was too late. Paddock was lying dead on the ground from a self-inflicted bullet to the head.

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

• Tragedy in Las Vegas

Tragedy in Las Vegas