Resolution app-titude

Apps to help you keep your New Year’s resolutions on track

Water your plant by watering yourself! This app helps you make drinking more a new habit in 2018.

Madi Sonnenberg, Web Editor

There is something about the date January 1st that makes people everywhere suddenly want to begin major self-improvement projects. Are you one of those individuals that, looking back at the previous year and all of its failures and missed opportunities, decides to whip out the pen and paper and write down a bunch of aspirations and goals for the New Year, only to come up short on all of them before the day is even over? If this sounds like you, then have no fear; here is a fool-proof list of apps to help you prolong your resolution keeping for at least another week in 2018.

Resolution: Drink more water

App: “Plant Nanny”

If you aim to stay more hydrated this year to reap all the benefits of your local H2O but could use a little reminder to keep sipping throughout the day, Plant Nanny will be your new favorite app. Enter your body weight and activity level and Plant Nanny will determine how much water you should be drinking per day. Then select what kind of adorable plant you want to sustain with your drinking habits (choices include cactus and dandelion, among others). Keep drinking water regularly so you can keep your cute little verdure alive and well!

Resolution: Get fit

App: Fitnet Live Coach

Now is as good a time as any to start working on that summer bod. If you’re itching for some new workouts to try or need to connect with a personal trainer, then Fitnet Live Coach is for you. Choose from a plethora of free videos for cardio, strength training, and flexibility, all of varying lengths and intensities. You can even create a customizable daily fitness plan or connect with an actual personal trainer (subscription only) if you’re that dedicated! Whether you need a five minute ab workout or want to unwind with a complete yoga routine, Fitnet has what you need to keep you on track.

Resolution: Get more sleep

App: Pillow: Smart Sleep Tracking

If you’re like me, you could always use some more quality sleep time. This app has a wide range of features to help you get the most out of your nightly snooze! Pillow tracks your sleep quality and gives you a sleep stage diagram that shows the different sleep cycles you were in and for how long. In the morning, Pillow will wake you up at the best possible time with soothing sounds instead of generic alarm clock blasts to gently ease you awake and prevent grogginess. Have you been accused of talking in your sleep or snoring too loudly? Prove them all wrong by using the sleep recording feature that records sound while you sleep. The app tracks sleep of any length, so whether you’re pulling an all-nighter to study and can only squeeze in a power nap or if you go full out sloth mode on the weekend and sleep past noon, Pillow will still be just as effective.

Making goals is the easy part, but keeping them is always a challenge. These helpful apps are not only good for resolution keeping but also for a healthier lifestyle in general. Rather than set yourself up for failure, set yourself up for success in 2018 by downloading all these free apps to keep your resolutions on track this year!

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

• Resolution app-titude

Resolution app-titude