School year in review

That's a wrap, 2018.

The school year may have begun on an ominous note with a hurricane but ended with many impressive academic and athletic accomplishments.

Logan Tronio, Staff Writer

From a senior standpoint, school always seems the final hurdle until we get to college and on with the rest of our lives, and it seems to drag on just to mock us and it never seems to end. However, this year the school year didn’t have the speed of a slug and the entertainment ability of a rock; it flowed like a current and we just watched the events come and go. This should make you think back on the stuff you’ll never have chance to do again, like you only have one more homecoming or you have three more to go. You may be counting the days till graduation or wishing this past year wasn’t such a blur. Whichever way you see it, once you get close to graduation–the big finish line of high school–it all starts to come into a different perspective.

This year was one of the best homecomings we have had in my four years here all thanks to our outstanding SGA. And then the juniors planned a great final prom to send off the senior class, and I’m sure they will do great things next year for the rest of the student body. Besides the great work of our SGA, This year hasn’t been too bad for East Lake Athletics. Our softball team is on the road to the district finals, and baseball has already taken that title. Two of our most talented teams have had their best season in four years  and are continuing to states, representing the best of East Lake. Now for the pride and joy of East Lake… football. This past season we had an above average season, and we were headed to the playoffs. But, however, there was a problem with a player moving for one school zone to another school zone, which was pointed out by our rival, consequently ruining our season as every game with that player playing became losses, which knocked us out of the playoffs. Aside from our sanctioned sports, our club hockey made it to the finals and came in second, while the lacrosse team went undefeated for the second year in a row and are preparing to join the other sanctioned sports next year.

Finally our academics , This year we had many of our students get accepted to high performing Florida colleges such as UF, FSU and UCF. Along with us having the highest AP and standard pass rate of any school in Pinellas County, East Lake also has the largest portion of students in honor societies compared to any school in our district, and we take pride in how our students raise the bar,  especially this year with our amazing graduates and academic team.

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

• School year in review

School year in review