The campfire

“California’s worst wildfire yet.”

“California’s worst wildfire yet.”

Annarose Alemayehu, News Editor

In the past week both northern and southern California have suffered from the most lethal wildfires in the state’s history. Different cities all across California are being affected by these fires and all are suffering immensely.

In the past week the deadly wildfire called The Campfire has killed many; recently 13 bodies have been recovered bringing the death toll up to 44. The town Paradise, located just above the northeastern Sacramento valley, has been almost completely destroyed. The fire has razed up to 6,453 homes and more than 200 of its locals have been declared missing. Many families in northern California have no choice but to evacuate their homes, and many families do not have a home to go back to.

Southern California has also been greatly impacted by The Campfire. These fires are so lethal because of the strong winds they carry, making it blaze through forests and towns destroying more than 7,100 of its homes and buildings. These fires are becoming so fatal that up to thousands of west Los Angeles citizens have been told to evacuate their homes, including celebrities such as Kim Kardashian West, Lady Gaga and many more. The fires in southern California turned the sky black, the air is filled with ash and many people are suffering from losing their belongings such as their cars, family heirlooms and homes. On November 12th, 2018 President Trump declared these fires a major disaster, which will provide many of the states citizens with help from the federal government.

Many long term residents have lived through many wildfires and have not seen a fire as bad as this one. Thousands of buildings and homes have been lost, many have lost their own lives and towns have been burned to the ground. The strong winds carrying these fires is what makes them lethal. Firefighters have been working day and night to try to condense these fires and eight firefighters have lost their lives in the process of saving the state. California’s fire department is working their hardest to try to save the state.

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

• The campfire

The campfire