Why is fall the greatest season of all?

Cooler fall weather is on the way.

Photo by www.weknowyourdreams.com

Cooler fall weather is on the way.

Megan Raynor, Staff Writer

Falling for fall

Every year as soon as the school year begins and summer comes to an end, I immediately anticipate the fall season. The official first day of autumn is marked by the equinox on September 22nd. As this date approaches, I become increasingly excited for the arrival of this glorious season filled with nice weather, coziness, and fun activities with friends and family.

In Florida, since autumn is the season where the weather transitions from hot and humid summer days to cold and dry winter days, the weather is near to perfect. Summer days in the sunshine state are either characterized by scorching heat or torrential rain. It is practically impossible to enjoy the outdoors, unless you are participating in a water activity, which keeps you cool. On the other hand, while Florida may not experience much typical fall weather, with leaves turning red and gold, the cooler temperatures provide a well-needed break from the humidity. Spring has decent weather, but the temperature is a little on the warm side and humidity is constantly rising. Fall undoubtedly has the best weather with a combination of perfect temperature, low humidity, and little rain even though fall in Florida is more like summer elsewhere in the US. Upon being asked why fall is the best season, senior Natalie Lowe stated, “Fall is my favorite season because I can spend time outside, enjoying the sunshine without breaking a sweat. The pleasant weather definitely reflects in my general mood.” Ultimately, the fall season allows the opportunity to enjoy time in the fresh air, which ultimately creates a greater mood among people.

Through the combination of happier sentiments and perfect weather, people become more sociable. There is a greater availability of festivals and events, which are mostly free admission. New sports seasons tend to start in fall, encouraging audiences of friends and family to watch athletes play. Senior Kristin Kelly gushes “I love fall because I get to enjoy time with friends and family. Everyone is generally more social, whether it is through sports or other activities.”

While the fall season is characterized by perfect weather and social outings, it is also the coziest time of the year. The coziness is a sensually stimulating experience of various sweets, spices, and pumpkin flavors. Warm scents and flavors of cinnamon, pumpkin, and apple comfort the soul. During autumn, there is an undeniable craving to be gathered around a crackling fire, roasting marshmallows, and laughing with friends and family.

Autumn is the ultimately greatest season of all because the general aura of happiness that is shared by everyone during this time. This happiness stems from the wonderful weather, which encourages people to appreciate it through social activities. The warm, complete feeling that comes with time spent around people you love and care about is reflected through the comforting flavors of fall. Ultimately autumn is the greatest time of year for many reasons and I highly doubt I will never not anticipate its arrival.

• Why is fall the greatest season of all?

Why is fall the greatest season of all?