Corgi crazy

And on the eighth day, God created corgis.

Riley Fitzpatrick, Staff Writer

As an obsessor over dogs, I am quite familiar with all the dog breeds. However, after careful consideration (and copious amounts of visits to All About Puppies), I have come to the conclusion that corgis are, in fact, the best dog breed to ever exist.

For one thing, their body parts are so completely disproportional that they’re adorable. Their ears, which are bigger than nearly half of their body, make them look like they have wings (which makes sense, considering they’re little angels). Also, compared to their long hotdog-like bodies, they have the tiniest stubby legs ever. I mean, look at them! How could you not want to squeeze 10 at once?

Due to their perfectly odd bodies, corgis also have the best walks of all the breeds. Their little legs make them look like they’re prancing- not just walking. It’s no wonder why they’re considered a royal breed (and why Queen Elizabeth has owned 30). Along with their prance, short stubs for legs cause corgis to without a doubt have the cutest butts of all the dog breeds.

Don’t @ me.

Did you know corgis are naturally born without tails?

Putting my (correct) opinions aside, corgis are great dogs due to their high level of intelligence and liveliness. Corgis were originally used for herding, which means they naturally have lots of energy and love to run and play. Their herding instincts also cause them to be quick thinkers and learners, making them easily trainable. After all, would an unintelligent dog be the “first dog” of California?

Sutter Brown was named California’s First Dog in 2010 after his owner, Jerry Brown, was elected governor.

Whether or not you agree with me (and if you don’t, you’re wrong), corgis truly top the charts as the best dog breed to ever exist. From their balls of fluff as butts and adorable intelligence, how could you not want to own at least 40?

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

• Corgi crazy

Corgi crazy