The mullet

Nik Holdsworth, Staff Writer

Hair is a very important part of someone’s image and personality. Hairstyles have changed throughout history for better and for worse. Some great hairstyles have gone out of style and one in particular I am very passionate about. This hairstyle needs to make a comeback into the many mainstream hairstyles of today.

The complex and intricate coiffure that I am talking about is the one and only mullet. The mullet hit its peak of popularity from 1970s- 1980s.This majestic, timeless, and just beautiful hairstyle has been more influential throughout history then sliced bread, WW3, Muhamad Ali, and Taylor Swift combined.

The mullet is a hairstyle in which the top and front of the hair is cut short along with the sides, but the back is full of long luscious flow. This style is the ultimate business in the front and party in the back. The perfect combination of long and short complement each other like fine wine.

The excellence and pure craftsmanship of the mullet has seen some backlash in recent times. The mullet is just not taken seriously anymore. Many Halloween costumes portraying trailer trash or rednecks include mullet wigs and some fake yellow buck teeth. I do agree that these stereotypes have been known to wear mullets, but then again great figures all over the world have cut their only one head of hair into the luxurious mullet.

All of these great figures have blessed themselves and everyone that saw them with this hairstyle. Most of these figures were great athletes because it is a known fact that if you look good you play good and you can’t look any better than with a mullet.  Andre Agassi, Wayne Gretzky, and many other sport icons have rocked this wonderful haircut, and it’s no coincidence that they had the mullet in their prime.

Sports icons aren’t the only ones to have this beautiful cut. Billy Ray Cyrus, Rihanna, and even I have all joined the mullet club. I’m not saying it’s the most prestigious club to ever be in but other people would say that. In all the years that I have played lacrosse the only time I have gone undefeated is the year I had mullet.

The proof is in the pudding; mullets only have positive influences on the people that have them. Mullets need to make a comeback just to make the world a much better place.

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

• The mullet

The mullet