A Wendy’s review

A look into the exaggerated anger of a food challenger

What Wendy would look like if she ate 50 chicken nuggets.

Stony Hooker, Features Editor

Over the years I have found that if you want to understand the true story about a restaurant, you must read the one star reviews on Google or Yelp. A majority of the reviews are bland and straightforward; however, if you are lucky enough to catch a gem of a review from someone who is too angry to think logically, your laughter for the day can be fulfilled. In the most recent food challenge print article, we ate 300 Wendy’s Chicken Nuggets. We ordered eight hours ahead over the phone and when we arrived at Wendy’s, we were told that they though our order was a prank call. So I decided to write a gem of a review.

“I called in at 10:06 AM to let them know that I would be in at 6:00 PM to order 300 Chicken Nuggets. They informed me that they would call me back. I called again at 12:10 PM because I had yet to confirm my order, the women I spoke to on the phone that they would call me back around 2:00 PM. At 1:42 PM they did fulfill this promise as they call me to confirm that they WOULD in fact have all 300 of MY NUGGETS ready for me when I would come in at 6:00 PM as I had originally promised in my 10:06 AM phone call. When I arrived at this JOKE of an establishment, I was RUDELY informed that my COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE ORDER had been passed over and given the cold shoulder, because they so ARROGANTLY believed that my BUSINESS was a JOKE! After giving 8 HOURS NOTICE, I was FORCED to wait 30 AGONIZING MINUTES to receive MY 300 NUGGETS OF CHICKEN. The COMPLETE DISREGARD for my LOVING PATRONAGE of their TRASH HEAP OF A FOOD ESTABLISHMENT was simply as disgusting as the thought of the IRISH POTATO FAMINE, where the cries of the Irish people for food aid from the English government were DENIED because they were viewed as a JOKE! Wendy’s Founder DAVE THOMAS would not STAND for GREAT INJUSTICE to the CUSTOMERS that are the SOLE REASON that the GREASY BURGER SHACK is even able to operate. This spitting in the face of the CUSTOMER is TRULY an example of the DEGRADATION OF AMERICAN SOCIETY. WE THE PEOPLE are heading down a DARK road if this is the “SERVICE” that we will accept. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE! WE THE CONSUMERS ARE WHAT MAKE THE ECONOMY WORK! CONSUMERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!”

This review is legitimate. You can find it on the Google reviews for the Palm Harbor Wendy’s under my Google account. While I was angry about my order not being taken seriously, it did make for two great articles.

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

• A Wendy’s review

A Wendy’s review