Will’s favorite seed

The article everyone has been waiting for.

Behold, your new seed master.

nuts.com

Behold, your new seed master.

Will Hasell, Entertainment/Editorials Editor

Last month, I wrote an article on my favorite and least favorite plants. As expected, this story went completely viral. To answer the plethora of requests for a sequel, I am writing a new story about my favorite seed. This may seem very similar to my favorite plant article, but I assure you that seeds and all of their wonder drastically differ from plants. Although my favorite plant was a bonsai tree, my favorite seed will be a much different species. After weeks of comprehensive research, I have narrowed my choice of seed down to two candidates: the sunflower seed and the pumpkin seed. These are fantastic seeds. Their equally unique merit has made it very difficult to pick a favorite. Because of this, I will provide the great features of

each seed and will make the highly anticipated appointment of “Favorite Seed” at the end of this article.

Sunflower Seed:

Packed with tons of nutrients, these sunflower fruits are eaten as a healthy snack all around the world. There are three types of sunflower seeds. Two are used for sunflower oil while one type (Cultivars) is for eating. Cultivar seeds are black, striped… and delicious. They are rich in

vitamin B and vitamin E. Even the shell is rich in fiber! Studies show that eating these seeds can keep your immune system healthy and provide many benefits to the body. These benefits include healthier skin, better sleeping, and mood improvement. Sunflower seeds have even

been shown to prevent cancer! Even with all of these benefits, sunflower seeds are also delectable snacks. They can come in flavors ranging from cool ranch to sweet and spicy. Sunflower seeds are also very affordable. They are available at most stores for only one or two dollars. Sunflower seeds are also used in combinations with other foods. They are used in pesto, granola, and as garnishes for baked goods.

Pumpkin Seed:

The pumpkin seed is a famous staple of fall and is a delicious nutritional powerhouse. Pumpkin seeds are also known as “pepitas” and have been used for consumption for hundreds of years by Mexican civilizations. Pumpkin seeds contain so many nutrients that it is no wonder that they have been cultivated for so long. Pepitas have magnesium and zinc which boosts your immune system. They also hold vitamins that have been proved to keep your prostate healthy and even help prevent diabetes. They are also very easy to prepare. Raw seeds can be bought or taken from carved pumpkins and roasted in an oven at low heat. With a little bit of seasoning, pumpkin

seeds have a great taste and texture. Pumpkin seeds can also be utilized in a number of sauces and even in pumpkin brittle.

The verdict:

As you can see, both seeds bring a lot to the table. After careful consideration of every detail, I have come to a decision. The sunflower seed is my favorite seed. Sunflower seeds have a wider range of applications than pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are also more seasonal than sunflower seeds (which are great all year). I understand that this decision has a huge impact on the school so I urge those who believe pumpkins are the superior seed to try to be civil. Do not let this appointment divide you and your sunflower seed- loving friends.

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

• Will’s favorite seed

Will’s favorite seed