Arizona Tea: my obsession

The Tea of my Dreams

The Tea of my Dreams

Alex Nakamura, Staff Writer

I must confess that I have a drinking problem. Every time I’m feeling down I reach for the old familiar drink, Arizona Tea. One can only describe feeling of cracking open a tall cold can of Arizona. It’s liberating, exhilarating, and satisfying. The feeling you get when your lips touch the can and you can just release all your problems. I look forward to when the cool calming liquid rushes into your mouth and hits you with a moment of happiness and a sense of nostalgia. It feels like you can forget about the past for a moment and be worry free in a false state of perfection. Drinking it makes you careless and ignorant to the truth. But is it truly bad to cope this way? When the only side effect is delusion.

Not only am I obsessed with the drink and how it makes me feel, but I’m obsessed with the way it looks and what it symbolizes to me. Not Arizona Tea itself, but the Green Tea that Arizona makes. The can is a light green with cherry blossoms on it. It’s a classic design and a very iconic one at that. The can just screams aestheticism and I’m attracted to the way it looks. It’s pleasing to look at, it instills a sense of calm and invites you to the can. The can is always easy to spot on the shelf or in the cooler.

What the can symbolizes to me is something on another level. The drink is nostalgic and bring back a feeling of lost happiness. It’s essentially happiness in a can that you can buy for 99 cents. The can represents all those sad boy moments well all have as teenagers. Maybe the can means something to me because I would always drink it whether I was going through a breakup, contemplating decisions, or trying to find myself. Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey is truly something I hold dear to my heart.

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

• Arizona Tea: my obsession

Arizona Tea: my obsession