Why I love Japan

Osaka+Castle+with+Cherry+Blossoms+
Osaka Castle with Cherry Blossoms

Osaka Castle with Cherry Blossoms

Osaka Castle with Cherry Blossoms

Alex Nakamura, Staff Writer

Japan is one of the most affluent and culture rich countries in Asia. It also has a unique pop culture unlike any other. People often say that the weirdest things come out of Japan. I will concede that I do have a positive bias towards Japan since I am part Japanese. Without my bias, though, most can agree that Japan is a cool country. From fantastic food to ancient history to Godzilla and anime, Japan is simply one of my favorite countries because of everything it brings to the table.

Japanese history is one the most interesting histories to learn about. It has everything from Samurai fighting to industrialization and WW2. History is my favorite subject and I can proudly say that I am obsessed with Japanese history. The stories that come from it are just so interesting and pull you in, whether it’s about how Oda Nobunaga rose to power in feudal Japan or how the Japanese Military Industrial Complex took over the government during World War 2. Japan also has retained a lot of its cultural history through its architecture. There are castles and shrines all over Japan that date to 1000+ years old. The City of Kyoto was once Japan’s capital before Tokyo was made the capital. Kyoto looks like its straight out of 1576 as it boasts traditional Japanese architecture and old structures.

Another reason on why I love Japan is because of its FOOD. Sushi, popularized in the US, is originally from Japan. Sushi is one of my favorite foods and many enjoy it outside of Japan. But that’s not the only ethnic food in Japan. Japan has bento boxes, which feature fried veggies, a main meat dish, rice, and other things. Ramen, originally a Korean dish I believe, is very popular in Japan an is noted as a culturally Japanese dish. Ramen can be done up in many different ways but traditionally it’s a pork broth with noodles, a meat, and veggies. It’s absolutely delicious and is an iconic food.

Overall Japan has many qualities that I love about it and you should love Japan too!

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

• Why I love Japan

Why I love Japan