Monday night LBC

Why anyone semi-interested in cars should go.

Classic VW meets a newer version.

Classic VW meets a newer version.

Classic VW meets a newer version.

Troy Dyer, Staff Writer

Yes, LBC stands for Local Brewing Company; let’s just get that out of the way. Yes, a restaurant sells adult beverages, crazy right? Okay. While the cars are important as well, this place does not only host a meet every Monday for literally any car, but they also have some great food, so at least go for the food. The nuggets, the mozzarella sticks, the burgers, everything is basically a good eat. But of course, if you don’t feel like eating there and missing the bulk of the show, you can always stop at Moe’s a few blocks away and get some Monday deals.

Now to the cars. I’ve personally been attending these events for a while now, basically since the event had started around the middle of last year, and let me tell you, it has grown. I would say weekly on average that about 50-100 cars show up for the meet, all with the same purpose, to eat some food, look at and discuss each other’s cars. This event is quite safe as well, as the Pinellas County squad cars now patrol the show and U.S. 19, the road the event is off of, quite regularly, so do not expect any crazy business. Events like these, in the long run, are about the people. The people make or break any event as you all should know by now. I have met and became friends with many people while going to this show, people in the old VW (as in rides from the 60s) community, I’ve met motorcycle riders and had some long conversations learning a lot from them, I’ve met people from the modern VW community as well, and I’ve even run into a few people I used to work with at my old job, seeing how they have progressed their cars since I last saw them.

This isn’t some crappy car show, either. Some serious high-end owners come to the show as well to show off their high purchases. I’ve seen GTRs with well over 800 horsepower, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Radicals, imported Japanese sports cars, drift cars; almost anything you can think of has been to this meet at least once. Getting to be surrounded with likeminded people always calls for some good encounters, and some good conversations that can teach you something you might have never known. Even just having your friends with you can make for a great night. My Monday nights plans usually consist of meeting my good friend Nick at Moe’s, getting a quality chicken quesadilla, and then caravanning up to the show a few blocks away. I also have a few good friends that I have met there that come almost every week as well and meet up with them to. This show has actually made me look forward to Mondays like I never thought possible. I’m telling you right now, if you have an interest in cars and either want to learn or just peruse the cars, you need to go to this event.

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

• Monday night LBC

Monday night LBC