Are the Homecoming Days this Year the Best?

With many students complaining, did the students in charge of Hoco make the right decision?

Weighing the possibilities of this year’s days being good or bad. (mortylefkoe.com)

Joshua Brookes, Staff Writer

Students complained about the Homecoming Days this year, as they do every year, except this year their complaints are somewhat louder.    As a senior I have heard many more complaints from students about these days than I have in the past.  Whether this is because for the seniors it’s our last chance to dress up or the days are particularly bad is up for debate.

This year, the days are as follows: School Spirit, America Day, Tacky Tourist Day, Music Genre Day, Sports Day, and Generations Day.  Many students weren’t happy with Sports Day and would have rather had something more entertaining like Character Day or quite possibly Meme Day.  Senior Devin Casella voiced his opinions about this and said, “Sports Day isn’t going to be much fun; Twin Day would have even been a better option and that one’s not even that good of a day.”

While Sports Day was the brunt of a lot of anger, Music Genre Day hasn’t received much love either.  With different genres for each grade, the seniors believed that they didn’t get the best day.  The seniors had Rock and Roll while the juniors had Rap.  Many teenagers nowadays listen to rap or pop more than they listen to rock, so they would have a lot more fun dressing up as their favorite artist rather than just an artist they heard about from their parents or one they found online.  Music genre causes a lot of turmoil among the students because of the labeling of what the students have to dress up as.  With a little more freedom, it probably wouldn’t have been as badly seen.

The other side of the Hoco days are the students that just go with the flow and make the best out of a bad situation.  Some students have told people that they know the days are not as good as they could be, but they are taking what they’re given and running with it.  As opposed to complaining, some students took some of the rather boring days and had fun.  On Tacky Tourist Day some students were spotted wearing pool floaties around their arms so they wouldn’t drown and others went all out and brought full on pool floats that they walked around the campus with.  Because the days cannot be changed, students that have fun with their days are definitely making the better decision than the students who don’t dress up because they dislike the days.

No matter how good or bad the days are, there is always someone who is going to complain about it because they wanted days that would perfectly suit their desires.  Because that will never happen people are always going to be unhappy.  The best way to have fun during homecoming week is to dress up how you want, when you want.

• Are the Homecoming Days this Year the Best?

Will Wyatt Harris pull off the unthinkable?

Save the Date

It’s Cuffing Season

Don’t Try This at Home

Queen of Rock

VS Fashion Show: A Men’s Rights Issue

Come See All My Sons!

Bring back the mullet, or die trying