The Best City in the Country

The Best City in the Country

Olivia Mackenzie, Staff Writer

Boston, one of the best cities in the United States, it is the biggest city in Massachusetts as well as one of the oldest cities in the country. It is not only home to great sport teams, but is rich with history, attractions, and educational institutions as well.

Massachusetts is the home of amazing teams for sports, such as the New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins, and the Celtics. There are some of the most beautiful and oldest stadiums located in Boston. Fenway Park, home to the Boston Red Sox, is the oldest baseball stadium in the MLB and was created in 1912. The TD Garden Arena is where the Boston Bruins and the Celtics play their games. Senior Anna Jajuga says, “Gronkowski is my favorite player and the Patriots are my absolute favorite team”. Boston is ranked one of the cities with the most “diehard” sports fans, meaning that the fans live for their teams and show extreme love as well as commitment to their teams of their city.

In Massachusetts there are hundreds of colleges, but there is also an abundant amount located specifically in Boston. Over 30 colleges reside in Boston. Some of these prestigious colleges include Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern University, University of Massachusetts, Harvard, and so many more. Harvard University is the oldest college in the USA, being founded in 1636. Boston University and Northeastern University are located in the city, near restaurants, stores, and so much more. They are also among the highest ranked and the best colleges in the country.

In Boston, there are so many attractions. One would never get bored living or visiting here with the various restaurants and clothing stores to shop in. Mulberry Street has dozens of shops for tourists to browse through, such as H&M, Patagonia, Express, and more. Restaurants such as The Capital Grille, Atlantic FIsh Co, and Meritage are some of the most outstanding places to eat. Not only do tourists and residents eat at these restaurants, but many celebrities dine in these restaurants as well. Boston is known for its outstanding clam chowder and lobster; almost every restaurant in the city will provide it on the menu.

Overall, Boston is definitely one of the most beautiful cities in the country, not just because if its amazing sports teams, but because of its culture, history, and its unique feel. There are beautiful and fun places to visit such as the Boston Commons, North End, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Harbor, Boston Public Gardens, Copley Square, the Prudential Tower, and so much more. Old historic places such as the Paul Revere House, Bunker Hill Monument, Freedom Trail, USS Constitution Museum, and more are also located in Boston. All of these provide a never-ending list of to-dos when visiting.

In conclusion, Boston remains one of the most beautiful and enjoyable cities in the country.  With amazing teams for sports, various restaurants and shops, historic monuments, and alluring attractions. Boston is definitely a city to visit.

• The Best City in the Country

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• The Best City in the Country

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• The Best City in the Country

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• The Best City in the Country

• The Best City in the Country

• The Best City in the Country

• The Best City in the Country

• The Best City in the Country

• The Best City in the Country

• The Best City in the Country

The Best City in the Country