Metal Cups: An evolved Species

Yeti vs. Flask. Who comes out on top you ask? They are almost identical, finding the winner is no simple task.

Metal Cups: An evolved Species

The two greatest enemies match up for the debate of the century, as shown above
Photo from sportivong.com

The two greatest enemies match up for the debate of the century, as shown above Photo from sportivong.com

Patrick Roghaar, Staff Writer

For as long as I can remember, there has been a fierce debate regarding the best metal drinking cup to bring to school and to class. The top two options are the well-known Yeti and the less popular Hydroflask. Both are very reliable and live up to the hype of metal cylinders, but which one is truly the best? That’s up to the user to decide.

As an owner of a Yeti drinking cup, I will lead off with it and try to be as unbiased as possible. Yeti’s brand has taken over all forms of the outdoors in terms of hydration, as you can’t go anywhere without spotting one.  This being said, we are talking about a school here, not a boat day with your fraternity. It is apparent Yeti has the brand recognition, so if this is all you care about, then this is the go to option. Yeti’s water insulation properties are above par as well; my water remains cold hours after the initial pour. Beating out a Yeti cup is a crazy feat in the cup world, but if anyone can live up to the task, it’s the Hydroflask

What Hydroflask has on the Yeti is its shape. The Hydroflask is thinner and elongated, which can be more practical fitting in a backpack or for specimens with minimally sized hands. What really turns the tables is the handle. A Hydroflask bottle has a handle on top for the optimal carrying experience. If this hasn’t made your decision ridiculously difficult, I don’t know what will. The Hydroflask not being as popular as the Yeti may prove to be an upside, as the current societal standards are to be different and bold.

I hope this information regarding the specs of the brands and their products can help you decide your next purchase. Would you prefer to go with the brand and earn some respect from your bros? Or dare to be different, and broaden your horizons with an unheard of drinking device (with a handle). One thing is definite, though; you’ll be getting some pretty darn cold water for the rest of your school career.

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

• Metal Cups: An evolved Species

Metal Cups: An evolved Species